Security software: Best Buys
You should expect your security software to deal with daily internet security threats, but how do you know if it will? And how do you know the package you are considering is going to be easy to use?
Which? tests around 20 of the most popular packages each year, from free options to feature-packed paid-for software - and everything in between. After some gruelling tests, we know which software is worth installing on your machine.
- We expose a collection of new and old viruses and malicious files to each security software package we test, and observe how the software copes with them so you can pick the one that will keep you safest.
- Your computer won't be safe if the package you are using is confusing and potentially a compromise to security as a result. We perform a raft of ease of use tests to weed out the ones not worth bothering with.
- We check how the software interacts with you, so you are not baffled with jargon and other confusing messages.
Find the best security software package to keep you and your family safe by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Best Buy software program?
Expert security software reviews you can trust
Norton, McAfee, Trend Micros, Microsoft, Bullguard, Kaspersky and Avast are just some of the brand names we test.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 24 security software packages.
- 7 Best Buy security software packages for reliable protection.
- Reviews of security software packages from 15 companies.