Please take the time to read and understand them, because you should not use any of these services unless you agree to these terms. They apply in addition to the general terms, so please make sure you've read and understood these as well.
If you have any questions, then please give our customer services team a call and they will be happy to help you.
What we will do for you
Maintaining your privacy: We recognise the importance of privacy, so if you are using any of our interactive services under a pseudonym we will keep your true identity secret unless we are legally obliged to reveal it.
We may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
What you should do for us
Please behave responsibly when adding content to our websites. By using any of our interactive services, you agree to the following:
You will not use our websites in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- likely to damage the reputation of Which?;
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person.
Any content you add to the website will:
- be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts;
- not be defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- not infringe the copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights of another person;
- not promote your own or your employer’s business, or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material.
You will not try to access any confidential information (including usernames and passwords) of any other person.
You must be over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
If your children use our interactive services, please help us with their online safety by making sure they understand the potential risks of using the internet.
Please tell us as soon as you can if you think someone is mis-using any our interactive services.
Other important things you need to know
You take full responsibility for the content you add to our websites which means that if you provide content in breach of these terms, you may be required to compensate anyone who suffers as a result.
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the content you add to our websites. For example, we may use this information in any of the Which? magazines or for our campaigning purposes or marketing materials.
What happens if you don’t comply with these terms? We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms, we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include:
- the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to our websites;
- taking legal action against you, possibly to recover any financial loss that we have suffered as a result of your actions; or
- publishing a statement on any of our websites detailing your actions.