Cot beds: Best Buys
Trying to decide which cot bed is right for you can be daunting as there are so many different brands, models and features to choose from. Our cot bed tests are a great starting point to help you choose the best and safest, at the best price.
Video guide: what makes a Which? Best Buy cot bed?
When looking for a cot bed for your new baby, you'll want to be assured that:
- It's totally safe - we check all cot beds to make sure they not only comply with British standards, but that there are no dangerous features
- It's durable and will last - we test each cot bed by pounding it first 1,000 times with a 10kg weight, and by shaking the rails 30 times per minute until it's been rattled 5,000 times
- It's easy to use everyday - we get real parents to try out each cot bed to make sure it's easy to assemble, lift your baby in and out of and adjust
- You haven't had to pay the earth - cot beds can cost as much as £600, but we've found Best Buy cot beds for under £170.
A Best Buy cot bed will make your life as a new parent easier, helping you avoid one that will infuriate you more than your child's tantrums.
Let us help you choose the best cot bed
As well as looking at our reviews of cot beds, our guide to buying a cot bed covers everything from features to look our for to how much you need to spend. It also includes safe sleeping tips and will help make the decision easy and put your mind at rest.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test. This means that, as well as recommending great products, we can highlight the ones to avoid.
- Reviews of 7 cot beds: drop-side and fixed-side models compared
- 1 Best Buy cot beds to provide a good night's sleep for baby and you
- Reviews of cot beds from 7 companies
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst to help you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from child car seats to pushchairs, Which? can help you save money.
Try a trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help with your family finances, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area, including childcare and children's shops.