Tablets: Best Buys
Which? Best Buy tablets have bright, sharp screens that display rich, vibrant colour. They're easy to use with responsive touchscreens. There's plenty of battery power to last while you're on the move.
What makes a Which? Best Buy tablet?
Buying the best new tablet
Should you buy an iPad? Or could one of the many alternatives be a better choice for you? It's not always a straightforward decision, but that's where our independent reviews can help.
We've tested hundreds of tablets rating them for things such as screen quality, speed and battery life, so our reviews can help you chose the best tablet going.
Take a Which? trial for £1 to see which tablets come out on top in our rigorous lab tests.
No-one compares tablets as thoroughly and comprehensively as we do. Only a handful of the 50-plus we test each year reach the high standards necessary to achieve a Which? Best Buy award.
And if you're wondering whether the iPad is really worth the money, or if the Tesco Hudl 2 is any good, we've got the answer.
- For every tablet we test, we run a series of 30 tough industry-standard tests to measure how quickly the main processor, graphics processor, web browser and other functions work to ensure your tablet delivers speedy performance when you're browsing the web, using apps, watching a video or reading an ebook.
- Our battery-life tests feature real-life scenarios - not the ideal settings that manufacturers sometimes use - so you have an accurate guide to how long you can expect your battery to last
- On every tablet we test, we consistently run through 13 detailed convenience scenario tests to see whether the tablet is easy to use, and whether it has any shortcomings
Find the best tablets around and discover the cheapest online retailers by taking out a £1 trial to Which?
- Reviews of 90 tablets.
- 19 Best Buy tablets to keep you connected on-the-move.
- Reviews of tablets from 18 companies.
Expert tablet reviews you can trust
Models from big-name brands including Apple, Samsung, Google and Tesco are all tested in our labs. We perform an in-depth assessment of the screen quality, looking at its brightness, accuracy of colours, reflections, performance in bright light conditions (where it is difficult to view poor-quality screens) and viewing angles, so that you can watch, enjoy and easily share your content with those around you.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll get:
- Unlimited access to which.co.uk
- Which? magazine delivered to your door every month
- Free advice on the go from Which? Member Services
- Unlimited legal advice on consumer issues