Best Buy handheld vacuum cleaners
Best Buy handheld vacuums clean up a variety of spills fast, helping you to keep your home clean with minimum effort.
The best handheld vacuum cleaners we've tested can suck up a spill twice as fast as the worst, have a reliable long-lasting battery and are easy to use and empty.
Our tests go further than anyone else's to ensure that the Best Buy handheld vacuums we recommend are the true cream of the crop. And we don’t just reveal the best - we also highlight the poor scoring Don’t Buy handheld vacuum cleaners that fail to make the grade, so you don’t inadvertently end up with a dud that you’ll soon need to replace.
Log in now to access our exclusive list of Best Buys, which reveals:
- if pricey handheld vacuums from brands such as Dyson live up to their advertising claims - or if a cheap model will do the job just as well.
- how well a handheld vacuum cleans on carpet and laminate floors, based on our expert suction tests on pet hair, larger crumbs and fine dust.
- how easy they are to use and empty, so you can be sure a Best Buy handheld vacuum will make cleaning fast and easy.
How we find the best handheld vacuum cleaners
We carry out pick-up tests with fine dust, rice, lentils and pet hair on a variety of surfaces that you might find in your home so that you can be sure that your Best Buy will be able to tackle anything that you might throw at it.
- We time how long it takes a handheld vacuum to pick up a large spill of rice and lentils.
- After combing hair into carpet to get it really engrained, we time how long it takes each handheld vacuum to suck it all up.
- We sprinkle down fine Arizona sand on carpet and measure how much each model can suck up.
- The battery life claims of manufacturers are put to the test in the lab, as we record both running time and charging time.
Handheld vacuum reviews you can trust
We’ve tested handheld vacuums from big names including Dyson, Bissell, Hoover and Vax, as well as many other manufacturers. Great handheld vacuum cleaners can be bought for less than £50, and our tests prove that big prices don't always mean great results, so make sure you read our reviews before heading to the shops.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our honest advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
Join Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help.