Which? magazine is the UK’s bestselling monthly, trusted by more than 600,000 subscribers. It’s packed with reviews, advice, investigations and news – our aim is to make individuals as powerful as the organisations they deal with in their daily lives.
If you’re not yet a Which? member, we’re offering a sneak peek at the reviews and investigations that are featured in the latest issue.
Which? magazine December 2020
In this month’s magazine, we’re picking out our top products of the year. More than 3,500 tested products, from electronics and appliances to cars and garden tools, have been whittled down to our favourite 50.
With the top 10 decided by a vote of all Which? staff, we’re celebrating the most exceptional, innovative, unusual, environmentally friend, and best-value products of the year.
Meanwhile, our Christmas food and drink reviews will help you make the most of the festive season. Christmas dinner 2020 is definitely going to be different. But many of us will still want to savour that first bite into a warm mince pie and the pop of a champagne cork more than ever.
Our experts have spent the past few months seeking out the best on offer so you can get the most from simple festive pleasures – even if coronavirus means this Christmas isn’t your traditional one.
Also in this month’s magazine:
- The best tech and home stores The pandemic continues to present a huge challenge for retail, but the best shops are still getting it right online as well as in-store, writes Ellie Simmonds.
- Shopping sites ignore reports of unsafe products It’s very difficult for shoppers to report dangerous products to online marketplaces – and nothing happens when they do, reports Hannah Walsh.
- How PayPal fails fraud victims Online sales have rocketed due to COVID-19, but is your money as protected as you’d expect when using the web’s ‘safest’ way to pay? Lauren Merryweather investigates.
- Reusable face coverings on test In a year defined by COVID-19 and mask-wearing, Matt Stevens explains why multi-layered masks are best, the trade-off between filtration and breathability and the true cost of cheap disposable masks.
From the editor
What are the products that have helped you get through this most unusual of years? For me, it’s the Best Buy pushchair that has put in hundreds of extra miles since March, the iPad that lets me read a newspaper every morning (and novels when I want to forget the news), and the AeroPress coffee maker that perks me up with brews that are every bit as good as I would get in my favourite spots near the office (if you haven’t heard of this £30 piece of genius, I’d recommend looking it up).
You’ll no doubt have your own list, but perhaps there’s still time to add one or two more items. Our annual 50 products of the year Test Lab special is an enjoyable look back at the products that stood out to our researchers for innovation, great value, novelty, green credentials or down-right excellence in 2020. Reflecting everything we test, it’s an eclectic mix of tech, home, gardening and cars, brought to life by Martin Pratt, who can describe even the most mundane products with style and wit.
As ever, our Christmas food and drink pages will help you select the best festive fare for your home. We know Christmas will be different this year, but we also know it can help to take solace in small pleasures – and from mince pies to red wine, we’ve got you covered.
Finally, make sure you don’t miss our test results for reusable face coverings. The difference in quality between the best and worst is shocking.
Harry Rose, Editor, Which? magazine
Which? member benefits
Interested in Which? If you choose to become a member and join today, you’ll be treated to a host of perks, including:
- The latest product reviews and test results from our test labs
- All our Best Buy and Don’t Buy verdicts
- Which? Reviews smartphone app – ratings on the go for more than 8,000 products
- Which? magazine delivered to your door each month
- Special member deals on Which? Legal.
How do I subscribe to Which?
Our Join Which? page tells you everything you need to know to start receiving Which? magazine to your door and the additional benefits of becoming a member. Or you can find out more by calling our member services team on 029 2267 0000.