Best Buy dishwashers
You can rely on a Best Buy dishwasher to leave dishes sparkling clean and bone dry, and it's not always the expensive models that do the best.
It's no good buying a dishwasher that seems a bargain if it can't wash and dry dishes properly. We've tested hundreds of dishwashers to find the ones that will make your life easier - you might even be surprised to learn that we've found great ones for around £200.
Our Best Buy dishwashers can be relied on to leave your dishes gleaming, without costing the earth to run or being irritatingly noisy.
- We assess how well they clean tough dried-on grime – the worst leave visible traces of food and grease – as well as how easy they are to use
- We give you an idea of how much each model will cost you to run – the most inefficient can add £72 to your yearly bills, while other models will cost less than half that.
- We get through thousands of dirty plates, bowls, cups and glasses to find the Best Buys.
How we uncover the best dishwashers
Washing dishes is a job that most of us are keen to avoid. Our expert tests make sure the dishwasher you're buying won't leave you having to re-wash everything by hand. Picking a dishwasher with the Which? Best Buy logo means buying a model that excels at washing dishes – so you won't have to. Here are some of the ways our tests go further to find the best:
- Cleaning: We load dishwashers with filthy dishes and cutlery covered in dried-on spinach, milk, mince meat and more, to see which models are great at their job and leave items sparkling at the end of the cycle.
- Drying: We know you want your clean dishes to leave the dishwasher ready to pop straight into your cupboards, so we test how well each machine dries.
- Ease of use: Looking at every aspect of using the dishwashers, from loading them to understanding and using the controls, we assess how easy each machine is to use, so you can avoid an annoying model.
- Energy and water use: We measure how efficient each dishwasher is on both the main program and the eco one. We've found some that cost less than £35 a year to run, based on the energy used to use them five times per week, all year, where others cost more than double.
More dishwasher recommendations
Dishwasher reviews you can trust
We look at dishwashers across all price ranges and from a range of brands including Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch, Miele, Indesit and Siemens. Our tests have revealed not only the Best Buy models, but also Don't Buy dishwasher models that we advise you to avoid.
Which? is independent – we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We're not influenced by third parties and we don't accept freebies from product manufacturers or retailers. We buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
Not yet a Which? member? Join Which and you'll receive access to all of our exclusive online content - including all our reviews.