Double glazing companies rated
We've asked thousands of double glazing customers to rate the company they used, including brands Anglian, Everest and Safestyle, as well as independent traders.
The answers, from 2,155 double glazing customers, reveal a big difference between the customer score for top and bottom-rated companies - 84% vs just 54%.
Our results rate each company for a number of important factors, including customer service, quality of products and installation, knowledge and helpfulness of staff, and mess made during the installation.
Which double glazing company is best?
Our customer score is derived from asking each company's customers how satisfied they are with a company, and whether they would recommend it to a friend. Our ratings are based on a seven-point scale from very poor to excellent.
or to unlock our results above, and see our analysis on which areas the companies are succeeding in, and how they're failing their customers. This will also give you access to the full reviews of , and .
Common double glazing problems
No matter how good a company is, problems can arise. To help you avoid potential pitfalls, we asked double glazing customers what issues they came across when they got double glazing.
Buying the double glazing
Reassuringly, only 13% of people experienced a problem of some kind when buying their double glazing. Here are the five most common:
- The company was slow in giving me any paper work about the purchase or product (e.g. quote, contract, product details, guarantee)
- The company didn’t explain things very clearly when I bought the double glazing
- I don’t feel that the company sold me the best double glazing for my home
- I felt rushed to make a decision
- I didn’t get any product information
Make sure you understand what you're being sold, that you get clear and detailed information and that you don't feel under pressure to make a purchase quickly.
Double glazing delivery
A fairly small percentage (15%) of people had an issue with the delivery of their double glazing. The most common problem was being supplied with the wrong/substitute parts, which 5% reported happening to them.
3% of people had scratched glass and 3% scratched or damaged frames. 2% found their home's fixtures or fittings were damaged by the delivery people.
Double glazing installation
More people had a headache with the installation of their windows - 23%. Here, we've listed the issues that people most commonly experienced:
- The installation took longer than planned
- The windows didn't fit as well as they should
- The installers caused damage to my home's fixtures or fittings
- Glass was scratched
- The installers caused damage to the exterior of my property
- Some fittings (e.g. screw covers) were not installed
- Work started later than planned
- Panes/parts were positioned incorrectly