John Lewis JL Simplicity 2TST S review
Test score %
- Stainless steel
As the name suggests, the John Lewis Simplicity 2 Slice Toaster TE125098 is a minimal looking toaster, with clean lines and a sleek, stainless-steel body. Understated looks are all very well, but you want a toaster to put in an impressive performance. See how it fares in our range of tests, from how well it browns bread to how easy it is to use in the full review.
- Pros and cons
- What is it?
- What's it great at?
- Is there anything I should watch out for?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
- Should I buy it?
- ColourStainless steel
- Type of browning controlManual
- Browning levels7
- Bread slot sizes14 x 3.3 x 12.5
- Cable length86m
- Matching kettle
- Additional infoThis toaster has been tested to the 2013-2019 test programme. Results for toasters tested before December 2013 and after September 2019 aren’t directly comparable.
- Manufacturers contact number0345 604 9049
- Manufacturer URLWww.johnlewis.com
Make smarter choices
- 24%Lowest score
- 62%Average score
- 83%Highest score
How to buy the best toaster
We explain what to look for when choosing a toaster and how to find the best. Discover which toaster features really matter, and the hidden issues you might not think to check, such as if it can fit different bread types.
Top toaster brands for 2020
Find out which toaster brands are the most reliable and make the best toast. Our unique research reveals how brands like Sainsbury's, Dualit, Delonghi and Morphy Richards compare, as well as how to fix common toaster problems.