Children's savings accounts Best Rate accounts
The table below shows the best children's savings accounts currently available. If your child is eligible, check out our guide on Junior Cash Isas for more information.
|Provider||AER £10+ AER help||Free gift||Max age||Access Access help||Customer score Customer score help||Find out more|
|3.00%||No||15 years old||48%|
|3.00%||No||15 years old||51%|
|2.75%||Yes||17 years old||n/a|
|2.50%||Yes||17 years old||n/a|
|2.00%||No||17 years old||n/a|
|2.00%||No||16 years old||n/a|
|2.00%||No||15 years old||n/a|
|2.00%||No||15 years old||57%|
|1.75%||No||18 years old||n/a|
|1.75%||No||20 years old||67%|
AER is annual equivalent rate and shows how much interest you'll receive in one year.
Which? score based on customer satisfaction and likelihood of recommending company to friend/family member.
Wherever we display an “APPLY NOW” button in the above table, that company pays us a small fee each time someone clicks on the button. These payments do not influence whether a product is in the table, where it appears, or whether it continues to do so. Our Best Rates tables are compiled by our independent researchers. All revenue raised from these tables is reinvested in our research and campaigning work on behalf of all UK consumers.
How we choose Best Rate savings accounts for children
We've searched the whole market to find these Best Rate children's savings accounts.
Some accounts are available for certain age groups only, so check the table carefully to make sure your child would be eligible. Some accounts offer a free gift when you take out the account.
All the accounts are easy-access, so there's no notice period or penalties for withdrawals, and most children won't have to pay tax on their savings as they have their own personal allowance.
- Providers must be fully covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- There must be no restrictions on withdrawals from instant access accounts
- The accounts are available up to a maximum age limit, and this varies from account to account. Some also have a minimum age and we tell you if this is the case.
- All of our Best Rate accounts are standalone (not tied to the purchase of another product and not available via third-party organisations or comparison sites) and available nationally, but it's worth checking the rates paid by smaller building societies in your area to see if they can do a little better
- Accounts are available at a branch, by post, phone or internet and all displayed show the annual effective rate (AER) before tax. With most, you have to wait a few days to get at your savings – until either the cheque arrives or the money has been transferred to another account. However, if you need instant access to your money, choose an account with a cashcard