The Parkside PRM 1800 A2 corded electric lawn mower is going on sale in the Middle of Lidl from 1 April 2021.
It’s a bit of a beast with a 44cm cutting width, making it best suited to large lawn of more than 150sq metres where it should quickly get through the job of keeping your grass looking neat. At only £79.99, it seems very cheap but is it up to the job?
Read our first look of the Parkside PRM 1800 A2 mower to discover our impressions.
What features does the Parkside PRM 1800 A2 mower offer?
- This is a corded electric mower with a 10m cable so you’ll need an outdoor extension lead to mow the far reaches of your lawn.
- It has a 44cm cutting width, which makes it best suited to large lawns of 150sq metres or more. In smaller lawns, it will be harder to manoeuvre in tight spaces.
- It has a 55-litre grass-collection box, so you shouldn’t need to empty the clippings too often.
- The motor is 1,800W so it should have the power for long or damp grass.
- It has ergonomic handles, which can be held from the side or above, so should be comfortable even if you have a weak grip.
- The front wheels are inset so you should be able to get close to any obstacles in the lawn, such as a washing line or trampoline.
Discover our advice about what to look for when buying a lawn mower.
Other electric corded mowers to consider
If you’re not sure about the mower from Lidl, these are some other electric corded mowers that we’ve tested:
Bosch Advance Rotak 750, £220
Like the Lidl mower, this Bosch is best suited to large lawns as it has a cutting width of 45cm. It weighs 16.5kg, plus 1.3kg for the grass-collection bag, but there’s a handle on the body to help you lift it.
It has ergonomic handles, telescopic height adjustment and heavy-duty wheels so it’s packed with features.
Is it worth paying more for the Bosch Advance Rotak 750? Read our full review.
Flymo Hover Vac 250, £87.95
In the same price bracket at the Lidl mower, this Flymo is a hover mower that collects grass clippings. It folds up neatly so takes up little storage space. The cutting width is only 25cm so, unlike the Lidl mower, it’s best suited to small lawns.
Would a hover mower be easier to use? Read our full review of the Flymo Hover Vac 250.
Stihl RME 235, £125
For a bit more money, you could get this mower from Stihl. It has a 33cm cutting width, so is best suited to small lawns of less than 50sq metres. It has a 1,200W motor and a 30-litre grass collector. It also offers five cutting heights.
Should you stretch your budget for this mower? Read our full review of the Stihl RME 235.