Which? Best Buy coffee machines
Discover the exceptional coffee machines that have earned our Best Buy recommendation.
Whether you're a fan of espresso or cappuccino, you'll want a coffee machine that's both easy to use and makes rich, flavoursome beverages. Find out our top picks for every type of coffee drinker in our full guide to the best coffee machines for 2020
- We rate the espresso made by each machine, with our expert tasting panel carefully checking its flavour, aroma and appearance to ensure you get the perfect coffee.
- We assess how straightforward each machine is to use, identifying which ones are a hassle and which require the least time and effort.
- Our tests show that some affordable machines make better espresso than others that are five times as expensive. Make sure you don't spend more than you need to.
To access all of our expert reviews of the latest coffee machines, join Which? today.
Our coffee machine tests
At Which?, we spend more than £1,000 testing each model. Only coffee machines that consistently make a top-notch espresso earn coveted Best Buy status.
- Espresso: We make hundreds of espressos every year to uncover the machines that make a tasty shot.
- Milk frothing: If a coffee machine comes with a way to froth milk or make cappuccino, we test it, so you get the perfect frothy latte.
- Speed: If you need a quick caffeine hit, you won't want to waste money on a coffee machine that keeps you waiting. We measure how long each machine takes to dispense an espresso - the quickest can do this in less than 30 seconds.
Coffee machine reviews you can trust
We test all the big brands, from DeLonghi to Nespresso, as well as budget brands and the latest innovations, so you can find the right pick for your budget.
Which? is independent - we work for you, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test findings. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
Join Which? to receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help.