Which? Best Buy nappies
Best Buy disposable nappies won't let you down when you need them the most. They absorb the quickest and keep the wetness where it should be - inside a nappy.
Your baby may go through up to 10 nappies a day, so don’t put up with nappies that get you down; help keep your baby's bottom dry and cosy with a Best Buy nappy brand.
Our independent reviews tell you which nappies absorb the most and, crucially, don't let it all back out onto your baby's skin.
Our tests go further than anyone else’s to ensure that Best Buy nappies won't leave your baby damp. And we don’t just reveal the best - we also highlight the poor-scoring Don’t Buy nappies that fail to absorb, leak or leave your baby's skin exposed to wetness.
- Out lab tests simulate nappy use during the day, when you'll change your baby quicker, and overnight use, when your baby's nappy will need to soak up wee (or worse) while they sleep.
- Aside from absorbency, leaking and wetness, we also check how strong the fastenings of each nappy are, so you won't be left frustrated if the sticky tabs suddenly rip off mid-change.
- We don't just lab test either. We know that every baby is different, so in February 2018 we surveyed nearly 3,500 parents or carers who use disposable nappies to find out which ones they rate.
How we uncover the best disposable nappies
We carry out a number of lab tests so that when you buy a nappy you can be sure you're getting one that really will be effective.
We then combine our lab tests with survey data gathered from nearly 3,500 parents or carers who have used these nappy brands on a regular basis to give you a full picture.
- Absorbency Our lab experts fill each nappy with specially measured amounts of synthetic urine, over a period of time, to see the rate at which each nappy can soak up the wetness. This represents your baby wearing a nappy during the day and overnight.
- Leakage Eagled-eye experts monitor the nappy leakage to see how much liquid escapes, and how quickly it's reabsorbed.
- Re-wet With a fully-loaded nappy, our experts place filter paper on each nappy and place a weight on it. This replicates your baby's bottom sitting in a nappy. They measure how much wetness is let back out. A good nappy will let next to nothing back out.
- Comfort We asked parents and carers to rate how comfortable they think a baby is in each nappy, and whether they spotted any sort of rash when using this brand.
- Parents' rating This is made up of how satisfied parents and carers are with their current brand and if they'd recommend it to a friend or family member.
Nappy reviews you can trust
We've tested nappy brand leaders Pampers against rival products from supermarket retailers and chemist own-brands, including Aldi Mamia, Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Boots, Superdrug and eco brand Naty by Nature.
89%Our highest scoring disposable nappy
Our highest scoring Best Buy gets an impressive 89% and scores highly across the board. Our worst nappy brand gets a mere 56%, with a poor one-star rating for leakage.
Which? is independent – we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We're not influenced by third parties and we don't accept freebies from product manufacturers or retailers. We buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.