Our lab results are in and Which? has a new top-scoring bridge camera to recommend. The model broke new ground for photo quality in our latest batch of point-and-shoot compact system cameras.
It was an impressive overall month in our test lab. Of the eight models we assessed for photo quality, focusing and ease of use, five have been awarded our prestigious Best Buy rating.
If you want to buy a new camera then our expert reviews will help you pick out the right model, whether you’re shopping on a budget or looking for photographic perfection.
Which? members can log in to see our new digital camera reviews and test results straight away. If you’re not yet a member you can join Which? to unlock this list and see all our test results and reviews – from digital cameras, TVs and tablets to washing machines, cars and coffee machines.
How we test digital, bridge and DSLR cameras
We go the extra mile when testing cameras. We’ve got shake machines to test a camera’s image stabilisation, a pressure tank to check waterproof models and a huge zoom room to assess telephoto images. All of these individual results are boiled down into our final test score and, if a camera is especially excellent, we’ll hand it our Best Buy award.
A top-rated camera should have:
- Great photo quality, even in low light
- Fast, accurate focusing
- A clear and vibrant display for composing photos
- Expert image stabilisation to compensate for camera shake
- Convenient, easy to use design with simple menu navigation
If it meets these criteria, and its manufacturer hasn’t flopped in our annual reliability survey, then the camera will be celebrated with our Best Buy award.
Eight new camera reviews
Is the camera review you’re after in the latest ones we’ve tested? Here’s the full list:
- Olympus Stylus TG-3
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 S2
- Samsung NX3000
- Sony Alpha 7S
The Which? photography reviews now cover more than 253 models in total, including the top 58 models we have rated good enough to be Best Buys.
- Best cheap compact cameras for under £200 – the best on test if you’re on a budget
- Best camera brands – find out a manufacturer’s average test score and Best Buy hit rate
- Digital camera accessories – useful accessories for compact and DSLR cameras