Best boiler brands rated
In our annual boiler survey, we asked 7,500 boiler owners about the boiler brand they own, how satisfied they are with it and whether their boiler has suffered any faults or breakdowns.
The results enable us to reveal the best boiler brands and the worst. We've collated the results in the tables below for both gas and oil boiler brands.
You can use our results to discover which brands are the most reliable, have the highest customer score, the best build quality according to boiler engineers, and are the most likely to be recommended by boiler engineers who aren't incentivised to install boilers from that brand.
There's a huge difference in overall score between the best boiler brands and the worst.
Gas boiler brands rated
Table notes: Engineer recommendation, build quality, availability of parts and spares and ease of fixing a common fault, quality of technical service and recommendation are based on responses to a survey of 153 that took place in June 2020.
Oil boiler brands rated
Best boiler brands according to heating engineers
Table notes: In June 2020 we surveyed 153 Which? Trusted Traders on their opinions on different boiler brands.
How the boiler scores are calculated
In May and June 2020, we surveyed 7,500 members of the general public, online, and asked them about the boilers they own.
- The reliability score: This is based on whether people who own boilers up to six years old have ever had to have it repaired since they purchased it. The age of the boiler when the fault occurred, and the total number of faults is taken into account.
- The customer satisfaction score: This is based on how satisfied customers of each brand are with their boiler, and how likely they would be to recommend it to a friend.
- build quality
- their likelihood to recommend the brand
- the availability of parts and spares
- how easy it is to fix a common fault
- how easy it is to service.
The overall brand score for each boiler brand is calculated by combining the reliability score, customer score and the engineers' scores. The results are weighted 40% for reliability, 30% for customer score and 30% for the engineers' scores.