Now in its 14th year, the Which? Awards celebrates the best businesses in the UK.
The Which? Awards recognise companies that have achieved positive change and delivered excellent products and services for consumers. 2020 has brought unprecedented challenges, and we want to champion the brands that took extra steps to protect their customers during the pandemic, as well as the products and services that were an integral part of people’s lives while they were urged to stay at home.
Our award categories cover a wide range of sectors, from home entertainment and cars to kitchen appliances. This year, we’re also bringing back our Which? Supermarket of the Year award to reflect the tremendous efforts of supermarkets during the pandemic.
The winners will be announced on the Which? Twitter and LinkedIn pages on 8 October.
The Which? Awards 2020 shortlist
The full shortlist includes:
- Which? Banking Brand of the Year 2020: First Direct, Nationwide, Starling Bank
- Which? Insurance Brand of the Year 2020: Direct Line, LV, NFU Mutual, Saga
- Which? Holiday Provider of the Year 2020: Explore, Inntravel, Kuoni, Trailfinders
- Which? Supermarket of the Year 2020: Asda, Iceland, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose
- Which? Utilities Brand of the Year 2020: Asda Mobile, GiffGaff, Octopus Energy, Utility Warehouse
- Which? Car Brand of the Year 2020: Honda, Kia, Mazda, Toyota
- Which? Floorcare Brand of the Year 2020: Dyson, Miele, Samsung, Tineco
- Which? Home Entertainment Brand of the Year 2020: LG, Samsung, Sennheiser, Sonos
- Which? Home Technology Brand of the Year 2020: Apple, Dell, HP, Microsoft, Samsung
- Which? Kitchen & Household products Brand of the Year 2020: Asda, DeLonghi, Kenwood, Sage
- Which? Large kitchen Appliance Brand of the Year 2020: AEG, Bosch, LG, Miele, Samsung
- Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2020: Furlonger Tree Services, Inspiration Computers, JR Roofing Lancs, Splash of Colour
How we select Which? award winners
Like our product testing and investigations, the Which? Awards are completely independent. Brands can’t nominate themselves for an award or influence our choice of winners.
To select the winning brands, an expert panel of judges takes into account everything from customer service and value for money to innovation and breadth of offering. This includes the results of our product tests, investigations and satisfaction surveys.
Which? Your Consumer Champion award
Introduced for the first time last year, the Which? Your Consumer Champion award will return for 2020.
This award recognises individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to improving the lives of consumers. The shortlist will be announced on 30 September, and members of the public will have the opportunity to vote for their winner.
Find out more about the Your Consumer Champion Award and read about last year’s winner.