See how parents rate Aldi Mamia nappies for fit, absorbency, ease of use, comfort and value for money.
We surveyed more than 3,000 UK parents in February 2018 asking them to rate all the big-name nappy brands, including Aldi Mamia nappies.
Of the parents we surveyed, 31% told us they have used Aldi Mamia nappies in the past year.
They were asked to rate the nappy brands on five key criteria – ease of use, value for money, fit, comfort and absorbency – which gave us star ratings for each. We also calculated a customer score based on their satisfaction with the brand and how likely they were to recommend Aldi Mamia nappies to a friend.
See how the main disposable-nappy brands, including Asda, Lidl and Pampers and Tesco, stack up against each other in our guide to the best disposable-nappy brands.
Or read on to find out more about Aldi nappies and how parents rated them. Only logged-in Which? members can view our recommendations in the table below. If you’re not yet a member, you can get instant access by joining Which?.
|Aldi Mamia Nappies|
|Ease of use|
|Value for money|
Aldi’s nappy range includes Newborn nappies and Ultra-Dry nappies, which are suitable for sizes 3-6+. They are dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic.
Aldi Newborn nappies
- Size 1 (2-5kg) – 3p per nappy
- Size 2 (3-6kg) – 4p per nappy
Aldi Ultra-Dry nappies
- Size 3 (4-9kg) – 5p per nappy
- Size 4 (7-18kg) – 5-6p per nappy
- Size 4+ (9-20kg) – 6-7p per nappy
- Size 5 (11-25kg) – 6-7p per nappy
- Size 5+ (13-27kg) – 8p per nappy
- Size 6 (16+kg) – 10p per nappy
- Size 6+ (17+kg) – 11p per nappy
Aldi Nappy Pants
In addition to nappies, Aldi has a range of dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic nappy pants for the potty-training stage, available in sizes 4-6.
- Size 4 (8-15kg) – 9p per nappy
- Size 5 (12-18kg) – 10p per nappy
- Size 6 (16+kg) – 11p per nappy
Aldi Baby Wipes
Aldi also offers a range of baby wipes that are dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic.
- Fragranced Baby Wipes – 49p (64-pack)
- Sensitive Baby Wipes – 49p (64-pack)
- Extra Sensitive Baby Wipes – 59p (60-pack)
Aldi nappies price comparison
Aldi is one of the cheapest nappy brands, along with own-brand offerings from big supermarkets such as Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco. Its nappies cost between 3p and 11p each, depending on nappy size and pack size, whereas some Pampers nappies can cost more than 30p each.
Prices checked December 2019.
How to save money on disposable nappies
Even if you're using a cheaper brand such as Aldi Mamia, disposable nappies work out more expensive than reusable nappies. Follow these tips to save money on disposable nappies:
- Buy larger packs to reduce costs. But be wary of bulk-buying too much in one size – especially for newborns and younger babies – as your baby may outgrow them sooner than you expect.
- Take advantage of special offers. If you're not loyal to one particular brand, special offers can really help you to save. The competition between nappy manufacturers is such that offers are often available. Subscription services such as Amazon Family offer up to 20% off nappies, including Pampers.
- Look out for free nappies and money-off nappy vouchers through baby clubs.