Which? uses cookies to improve our sites and by continuing you agree to our cookies policy

Age UK

Independent charity giving advice to older people.
Telephone: 0800 169 6565
Website: www.ageuk.org.uk

Carers UK

A national membership charity that champions carers’ rights, connecting and supporting carers online and in local communities.
Adviceline: 0808 808 7777
Website: www.carersuk.org


Has details of government policy throughout the UK, and can handle enquiries about local authority care agencies and the needs and financial assessments.
Website (UK): www.gov.uk
Website (Northern Ireland): www.northernireland.gov.uk
Website (Scotland): www.scotland.gov.uk
Website (Wales): www.wales.gov.uk

Independent Age

A charity that offers expertise for older people on social care, benefits, befriending and other social support through its free advice service and range of guides and publications.

Website: www.independentage.org

Royal Voluntary Society (RVS)

Provides information and practical help to older people. Also offers volunteers who can help with care.
Telephone: 0845 608 0122
Website: www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk

UK Homecare Association (UKHCA)

For information and advice about home care services and to find local providers in your area.
Telephone: 020 8661 8188
Website: www.ukhca.co.uk

Page last reviewed: May 2017
Next review due: November 2018