Coping with coronavirus
With the continuing spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), people are being encouraged to distance themselves from others as much as possible. Many older people will be concerned about becoming isolated at home. Friends and family may also be worried about the safety of older loved ones forced to stay at home with less support or company than usual.
Throughout this difficult period, Which? will be working hard to deliver helpful guidance and support across a wide range of issues
Guidance for older people and their loved ones
Find out how coronavirus is affecting older people – and what you can do to stay safe. This information will be updated regularly as the situation changes.
- Coping with coronavirus: practical guidance for older people
- Coronavirus: what you need to know if a relative is in a care home
- Coronavirus: how families and friends can support older loved ones
- Loneliness prevention tips for older people during lockdown
More coronavirus advice from Which?
Which? is providing practical advice on the key challenges facing UK consumers during this crisis – from travel rights and shopping advice to personal finance and tech.
- Keep up to date with all the latest news and advice on the Which? coronavirus hub
Let us know what issues matter most to you during these challenging times.
Staying safe and independent at home
If you’re worried about feeling isolated at home during this difficult period, or concerned about an older relative or friend, you can find lots of information on Which? Later Life Care about staying safe and independent at home.
- Personal alarms
- Easy-to-use mobile phones
- Home safety tips
- How to employ private carers
- Benefits for older people
- Lasting Power of Attorney
If you’re finding it difficult to wash or get dressing, home care can provide the extra support that you need.
Many older people are eligible for local authority help with their care. Find out about the needs assessment for care.
Find out more about how to stay active and healthy in older age, with advice on doing gentle home exercise.