Our unique mortgage deposit calculator uses localised house price data from across the UK to help you work out how much deposit you need to buy a home in your desired area.
When you enter your savings plans, we'll also tell you how long it will take to build up that crucial deposit.
Mortgage guides: stay smart when buying a home
Saving for a deposit might be the first step you take on your journey to owning a home, but it's still worth learning all you can about the rest of the process so you're clued up when the time comes.
You might find the following guides useful:
- How to save for a mortgage deposit: a detailed look at how to save, with expert tips on budgeting and the best types of accounts to save into.
- How much deposit do you need for a mortgage? Understand the pros and cons of saving more than 5%, plus how much first-time buyers are putting down in your area.
- How to buy a house: our step-by-step guide to the house-buying process, from saving for a mortgage to moving day.
- Finding the best places to live - undecided on where to buy? This guide explains how to research a location.
More mortgage calculators
For more help planning ahead for your house move, try these other mortgage calculators and tools:
- Area comparison tool: where should I buy a home? From house prices to happiness, council tax to schools, our tool reveals the vital stats about your area - and how it measures up against others.
- Help to Buy calculator: find out whether a Help to Buy equity loan might be an option for you.
- Mortgage repayment calculator: see how much your monthly mortgage payments might cost, depending on how much you borrow and your interest rate.
Browse our full list of mortgage calculators for more help with your mortgage.
Struggling to save?
If the calculator didn't give the result you were hoping for and saving enough deposit seems impossible, there may be schemes that could help. Check out the following guides: