Which? magazine is the UK’s bestselling monthly, trusted by more than 600,000 subscribers. Packed with advice, reviews, investigations and news, our aim is to to make individuals as powerful as the organisations they deal with in their daily lives.
If you’re not yet a Which? member, we’re offering a sneak peek at the latest product reviews and investigations tucked inside the latest issue, which has a particular focus on reducing your carbon footprint.
Which? magazine: August 2018
This month’s Which? magazine shines a spotlight on the issue of recycling, explaining the various ways in which you can help to have a positive impact on the environment.
The UK government has committed to a £61.4m fund to support Commonwealth countries in fighting the rising tide of plastic pollution in the world’s oceans. Our latest magazine explores the impact of plastic waste, also revealing which supermarket has the most easily recyclable packaging.
Also in this month’s magazine:
- The problem with cordless appliances – They are handy and popular but all have lithium-ion batteries, which are hard to recycle. Are we storing up the next environmental disaster?
- Petrol vs hybrid vs diesel: is diesel dead? – Once we were told it was greener – but now diesel is known as toxic and sales are plummeting.
- When is it worth paying more at the opticians or the dentist? – Everyday healthcare costs can cost a small fortune, but where is it safe to save?
- Voice control: 8 ways to make your life easier – From smartphones to speakers, voice control is everywhere. How should you use it and can it really enrich your life?
- Laptops for every lifestyle – We recommend the perfect laptop, whether you want a simple model for emailing friends or a powerhouse for watching movies.
- Best bargain rechargeable batteries – Sidestep false economy with the results of our tests into high street brands.
From the Editor
‘I’ll let you into a secret: Which? isn’t perfect. In common with everyone else, there are things we could do better. And sometimes doing better should be the objective – not perfection.
Nowhere is that more true than in our plastic usage. Everyone who saw Blue Planet II will have been horrified by our effect on marine life. No one will want their actions to cause more suffering; for another turtle to die tangled up in a plastic bag.
But at present it’s nigh impossible to live a life without plastic. It’s everywhere in packaging – food, medical and more – in our appliances and our buildings. Working out how to make less impact isn’t always easy. Many of us are confused about what we can recycle and what we can’t. Packaging is labelled inconsistently and councils have different rules.
In this issue we unpack the problems with packaging. We tell you what the recycling symbols really mean, look at the differences in how supermarkets use recyclable packaging and bust some myths.’
Ben Clissitt, Editor, Which? magazine
Which? member benefits
Interested in Which? magazine? If you choose to become a member and join Which?, you’ll be treated to a host of perks, including:
- The latest product reviews and test results straight from our labs
- All our Best Buy and Don’t Buy verdicts
- Which? Reviews smartphone app – our take on more than 8,000 products
- Which? magazine, which.co.uk., news updates to your inbox, phone and tablet apps
- Consumer law advice – as often as you need on a range of consumer legal issue
- Special member deals on which? Mortgage Advisers and Which? Legal
How do I subscribe to Which?
Our ‘Join Which?‘ page tells you everything you need to know to start receiving Which? magazine to your door, and the additional benefits of becoming a member.