Which? magazine is the UK’s bestselling monthly, trusted by more than 600,000 subscribers. It’s packed with reviews, advice, investigations and news – our aim is to make individuals as powerful as the organisations they deal with in their daily lives.
If you’re not yet a Which? member, we’re offering a sneak peek at the product reviews and investigations that are featured in the latest issue.
Which? magazine: June 2020
While we’re all trying to find healthy and varied forms of home entertainment, we can forgive ourselves for turning more frequently than normal to favourite TV shows or the escapism of a good film. But with regular TV cutting back on episodes due to the ongoing coronavirus lockdown, you might be considering a streaming subscription.
In this month’s Which? magazine, we’re comparing a wide range of TV streaming services and scrutinised their key features to help you choose the best. We’ve reviewed popular picks including Netflix, Now TV Entertainment, Amazon Prime Video and Disney+.
Meanwhile, we’re investigating whether hybrid cars really are more economical than petrol and diesel models. Our tests show that some models, including plug-in hybrids (PHEVs), boast astonishing fuel economy claims but can come up short – especially on the motorway.
Also in this month’s magazine:
- Are smart appliances a waste of money? With many manufacturers offering vague guarantees around support, you should think carefully before forking out.
- Stay sun-safe this summer Sun protection still matters, even if you don’t head too far from home this summer.
- Everyday food favourites Fancy a quick treat of pizza and ice cream? Or biscuits to go with your tea? Enjoy these top picks from our taste test of family staples.
- Five ways to shop safely online With many of us turning to online shopping during lockdown, our consumer rights team has rounded up five ways to be a savvy shopper.
- Are cheap irons worth buying? Do budget irons blitz wrinkles as effectively as pricey alternatives, and can they stand the test of time?
From the editor
To help make staying at home during the coronavirus pandemic easier for you and your family, our experts have been busy. That’s why you can find out about the TV streaming services that are actually worth paying for, and how you can get them for free. Plus learn more about how a tablet can be your ideal companion and what you need to know about online updates if you own an older model.
If you have a garden or balcony, discover our expert gardening tips – including the fact that plants failing to thrive may be more down to your choice of compost and plant types, rather than your lack of green fingers.
We haven’t neglected articles that simply give you a good read, either. So be sure to find out why pricey smart appliances aren’t worth buying, as well as using our exclusive lab data to find out if hybrid cars really are as economical as manufacturers claim.
As we went to press, we were still in lockdown with talk of some restrictions being eased. Whatever happens next, whatever the new normal is, we will continue to be here for you.
Our experts are working hard to provide essential advice to help you get through this, and hold the government and businesses to account on the issues that affect consumers.
Lisa Barber, Acting Editor, Which? magazine
Which? member benefits
Interested in Which? magazine? If you choose to become a member and join today, you’ll be treated to a host of perks, including:
- The latest product reviews and test results from our test labs
- All our Best Buy and Don’t Buy verdicts
- Which? Reviews smartphone app – ratings on the go for more than 8,000 products
- Which? magazine, Which.co.uk, news updates to your inbox, phone and tablet apps
- Special member deals on Which? Legal
How do I subscribe to Which?
Our ‘Join Which?’ page tells you everything you need to know to start receiving Which? magazine to your door, and the additional benefits of becoming a member. Or you can find out more by calling our member services team on 029 2267 0000.