Which? magazine is the UK’s bestselling monthly, trusted by more than half a million subscribers.
It’s packed with reviews, advice, investigations and news – our aim is to make individuals as powerful as the organisations they deal with in their daily lives.
If you’re not yet a Which? member, we’re offering a sneak peek at the reviews and investigations that are featured in the latest issue.
Which? magazine: December 2021
In this month’s Which? magazine, we’re here to help you find the best-tasting food and drink for the festive season.
To uncover the best winter wines, our panel of four wine experts blind-tasted and rated nearly 40 champagnes. Meanwhile, in our search for the best mince pies, our consumer panel munched their way through more than 400 supermarket options – three were delicious enough to earn a Which? Best Buy title.
The latest Which? magazine also includes our Christmas gift guide, backed by our expert reviews. We surveyed over 1,000 Which? members back in September to find out what they want for Christmas and what their gift budget is. We used this insight to create our roundup of some of our highest-scoring, best-value present ideas. More than half of the products we’ve chosen cost less than £100.
Also in this month’s magazine:
- Black Friday: deals vs duds Most Black Friday ‘deals’ are no such thing. Ellie Simmonds reveals how to get a genuine bargain this year – and why you shouldn’t feel rushed into buying.
- Five ways to keep your car happy this winter Daljinder Nagra explains how to stay safe and stay moving, with our cold-weather maintenance tips.
- The best & worst tech and home stores Marianne Calnan reveals the shops and websites that combine market-leading customer service with competitive value for money.
- Why desktops still offer superb value Choosing a good desktop PC over a laptop can get you more for your money. Oliver Trebilcock reveals why desktops dazzle.
- The best mattress for your budget Your mattress can make a big difference to your quality of sleep. Lisa Galliers reveals the best mattresses of 2021.
- Why you need a dash cam A dash cam could help prove your innocence in an accident and even protect you from ‘crash for cash’ scams. Felix Wilson reveals the best we’ve tested.
From the editor
Welcome to your bumper festive issue of Which? magazine. As ever, it’s packed full of recommendations to help you plan a holiday season to remember. With the cost of living rising and product shortages anticipated, our tips promise to be more useful than ever in helping you seek out the best – and best value – that supermarkets have to offer.
Whether you’re tempted by the £12 champagne that ‘outshone many pricier rivals’ in our taste test, the £7 cava that won praise from our experts, or the great-value red wine that will set you back just £6 at Asda, if it’s booze you’re after we’ve got you covered.
For the first time, we also bring you seasonal beer and port suggestions. And our Christmas food pages wouldn’t be complete without mince pies, puddings and our guide to finding the best turkey, trimmings, vegetarian and vegan options for your guests.
And as we approach sales season, we also bring you the latest on the Black Friday deals and duds. While most offers are nothing to get excited about, we help you find the genuine bargains. For your festive shopping needs, we also name the best and worst tech and home stores and our Christmas gift guide starts on p50.
Harry Rose, Editor, Which? magazine
Which? member benefits
Interested in Which? If you choose to become a member and join today, you’ll be treated to a host of perks, including:
- The latest product reviews and test results from our test labs
- All our Best Buy and Don’t Buy verdicts
- Which? Reviews smartphone app – ratings on the go for more than 8,000 products
- Which? magazine delivered to your door each month
- Special member deals on Which? Legal
How do I subscribe to Which?
Our Join Which? page tells you everything you need to know to start receiving Which? magazine to your door and the additional benefits of becoming a member.
Alternatively, you can find out more by calling our member services team on 029 2267 0000.