Which? Best Buy sound bars
Every sound bar we review goes through our rigorous test programme, where subpar audio and ease of use issues are quickly weeded out. If a sound bar is a Best Buy, you can feel confident that it will impress every time you sit down to watch TV.
As TV screens have become thinner, speakers have been squished and squeezed too, and as a result we've found that sometimes they don't sound as good as TV's have done in the past. A Best Buy sound bar means you can get the most out of your new flat screen TV.
- All the latest soundbars independently reviewed
- Sound bars tested from large and small brands
- Tests that reflect real life in a living room setup
- Extra tests at different listening angles and volumes
- Definitive scores, ratings, full specs and user reviews
How we find the best Sound Bars
At Which? we want to make to help you find the best sound bar for your TV, bringing its sound to life and enhancing your viewing. We focus on the key areas of sound bars to give you verdicts you can trust.
- Sound: Undoubtedly the most important aspect of a sound bar, we use eleven different audio samples across a range of genres, to put each model through its paces.
- Ease of Use: It's important to know how easy a sound bar is to use, so we make sure we explore every menu, and push every button, so you can avoid buying an over-complicated system.
- Features: We take a look at every feature listed on the box, and those that aren't, to tell you which are genuinely useful, and which are just marketing spiel.
- Power: We measure the power use of every sound bar, to make sure you won't be saddled with an expensive electricity bill at the end of the month.
You can trust Which? reviews because we're independent, and we work for you - the consumer. You can be sure that our recommendations are influenced only by our testing.
Sound bar reviews you can trust
When it comes to testing sound bars, we cover everything from the big name brands, such as Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic, to the cheaper and lesser known brands. Sometimes the results can be surprising.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
If you’re a Which? member, you can log in now to unlock the Best Buy sound bar reviews on this page.
Not yet a Which? member? Join Which? and you'll receive access to all our online content - including sound bars - and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help.