When you have work done on your home, it can be more than a little disruptive especially if something goes wrong. To lessen the stress, read our guides to find out how to resolve disputes and get problems fixed as quickly as possible.
- How to complain if you're unhappy with building work
- Letter to complain about builders in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- Letter to complain about builders in Scotland
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
Issues can arise for both landlords and tenants and it’s important to know your rights in the event of a dispute or a problem. Our guides can help you find out all you need to know about your rights as a landlord.
- What are my legal responsibilities as a landlord?
- How to deal with a tenant whose rent has fallen into arrears
- Letter to demand outstanding rent from a tenant
Issues can arise for both landlords and tenants and it’s important to know your rights in the event of a dispute or a problem. Our guides can help you find out all you need to know about your rights as a tenant.
- How to complain about your landlord
- Letter to report repairs to be carried out by the landlord
- How to claim against your landlord for disrepair
Buying or selling a property is an exciting experience but it can also bring unexpected challenges, particularly when it comes to dealing with estate agents. Read about your rights.
When you experience problems with water or sewerage, we know you’ll want to get things fixed quickly - especially if there's no water all at. We explain the complaints procedure for common water problems and your rights.
Having problems with your energy bill or are you unhappy with your energy repayments? Our guides can help you find out how to resolve your issue and may even help you exit your contract without paying a penalty charge.
- How to complain about your electricity, gas or energy bill
- I have a problem with my district heating, what can I do?
- Letter to complain if your energy supplier overcharges you
Even brief power cuts can be disruptive and inconvenient, but in some cases it can take a long time to restore power. In these cases you may be due compensation.Find out under what circumstances you can claim compensation and what to do if you experience multiple interruptions.