Fridge freezers aren’t cheap, but we found this Hotpoint FF7190EX fridge freezer on sale online at Comet for a reduced price of £499.
Buying this fridge freezer in store would cost you £529.99, but by purchasing it online you can save £30.99.
However, in order to get free home delivery you will need to wait in all day for its arrival – any time between 8am and 6pm. Otherwise it will cost £25.50 to have it delivered within a two hour slot, only saving you £5.49.
See our review of the Hotpoint FF7190EX fridge freezer to see how it faired against our rigorous Which? tests.
Top tips on how to buy a fridge freezer
Before you buy a fridge freezer, it’s important to think about these factors:
- Depending on your needs, family size and kitchen design, you’ll need to consider the type first; an integrated fridge freezer, freestanding fridge freezer or American-style fridge freezer.
- Both the external dimensions and internal capacity are key, and the usable internal space can vary from what the manufacturer claims – as our tests reveal.
- Reduce the risk of any irritating humming by using our test results to check how noisy your fridge freezer will be.
Refrigeration accounts for about 20% of the electricity used by domestic appliances, so check energy use. To save money on your electricity bills, look for our Which? Energy Saver logo – we give it to Best Buy fridge freezers that match up to our efficiency criteria.
How we test fridge freezers
We fill every fridge freezer we test – 165 so far – with groceries to test how true manufacturers claims are about fridge freezer capacity and to check how sensible the design is.
We measure how well a fridge freezer retains its cooling abilities as the temperature of the room changes, and we use a temperature probe to ascertain how long it takes for a fridge freezer to cool food to 5oC from room temperature. We also check how long a compartment will keep cool in a power cut.
Find out more in our video on how we test fridge freezers.
Spotted this Hotpoint FF7190EX fridge freezer for less elsewhere? Let us know – email email@example.com with the details and we’ll update this page.
All prices correct at 2pm, 23rd May 2012.
- See our reviews on built-in ovens.
- Find out the energy costs for running a fridge freezer
- Tell us your experiences with fridge freezers in our customer reviews