This Miele GT5242S chest freezer is reduced by £20 at Appliances Direct, making it over £55 cheaper than the recommended retail price. Including standard delivery and a two-year warranty, the total price is £439.93.
The Miele GT5242S chest freezer has an A+ energy rating, two storage baskets, a light inside the lid, a removable dividing wall and a high-temperature warning light to let you know if there’s a fault.
Miele claims the external fast-freeze button will help freeze fresh food quickly.
This all sounds ideal, but how much fresh food can the Miele GT5242S freeze in one go? And is it good at keeping things frozen? Our expert testing has found that big-capacity freezers aren’t always great at bulk freezing and some freezers fare far better than others in power cuts – something to consider if you live in a blackout-prone area.
Read our in-depth review of the Miele GT5242S freezer to find out how well it performs.
Not a member? You can access all our reviews, from freezers to TVs, with a £1 trial subscription to Which?. If you take this subscription out via the Appliances Direct website, you will receive a voucher for £20 off all Appliances Direct purchases over £250, making the Miele chest freezer even cheaper.
How we test freezers
When we test freezers our experts conduct up to 215 checks and measurements per freezer. This is to help you pick a model that will preserve your groceries effectively, freeze large amounts of food in one go and won’t cost the earth to run.
- Which? Best Buy freezers freeze food to -18°C fast, retaining nutrients and helping food stay fresh for longer. The more time the freezing process takes, the shorter the shelf life of your food once it’s defrosted.
- We check how much usable space there really is in a freezer – this can differ from its stated capacity. Which? tests have found that two appliances of the same stated capacity can differ by over 20%.
- Using specially designed gel packs, we test how long food stays frozen in a power cut. Some Best Buys preserve food for over 48 hours – the worst freezer we’ve tested left food ruined after just nine hours.
Deal of the week
Spotted this Miele GT5242S chest freezer for less elsewhere? Let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. All prices correct at 10am on Friday 27 September 2013.
Visit Appliances Direct to buy the Miele GT5242S freezer. You can save a further £20 on the freezer price by taking out a £1 subscription to Which? via the Appliances Direct website.
- Find the right model for your needs and budget by visiting our freezer reviews
- Read our advice on how to buy the best freezer
- Find out which are the best freezers for your garage