We’ve tested fridge freezers from brands such as Beko, Bosch and Hotpoint and uncovered four Best Buys. One of these Best Buys costs less than £400 – but one fridge freezer was so bad at chilling and freezing it’s a Don’t Buy.
Our test of 10 of the newest fridge freezers available covers budget options, costing from as little as £270, to premium brands with price tags to match.
The results have revealed four impressive models that stand out from the crowd and deserve our coveted Best Buy award.
Which? members can log in to see the full results in our fridge freezer reviews. If you’re not yet a member you can see which models came top in our tests by taking out a £1 trial to Which? and getting instant access to all of our reviews.
Worst vs best fridge freezers
A Best Buy fridge freezer will use less energy and help your food last longer – letting you cut down on food waste, save money on your grocery shop and slash your energy bills. But a bad one will drain your wallet with its running costs and cause your food to spoil in unstable temperatures.
Our latest tests have revealed models which fall into both of these camps. If you’re shopping for a new fridge freezer make sure you avoid the new Don’t Buy: it won’t keep food safely chilled and frozen as your kitchen heats up and cools down.
Discover which fridge freezers we think are worth buying by reading reviews of our Best Buy fridge freezers.
New fridge freezers tested
Six of the newly tested models from Beko, Hotpoint and Zanussi cost less than £500. Two of these beat pricier rivals to become Best Buys and five of the six have frost-free freezers – great news if you hate the messy job of defrosting your freezer when ice builds up.
At the other end of the scale we’ve reviewed the Miele KFN 12924 SD-1. This frost-free fridge freezer looks great and offers lots of space for storing chilled groceries and frozen food. But it doesn’t come cheap – buying it will set you back £1,000.
If you’re looking for a built-in fridge freezer you can see how the inexpensive Bosch KIV3838X22GB and KIS87AF30G fared in our tests.
Freestanding fridge freezers
- Beko CXFD6113W white fridge freezer – £320 (CXFD6113S silver version – £399 )
- Hotpoint STF200WP white fridge freezer – £350 (STF200WG graphite version – £365)
- Miele KFN 12924 SD-1 white fridge freezer – £1,000 (KFN12924SD-1 edt/cs stainless steel version – £1,100)
- Siemens iQ300 KG34NVW30G white fridge freezer – £574 (KG34NVI30G stainless steel version – £657)
- Zanussi ZRB34315WA white fridge freezer – £350 (ZRB34315XA silver version – £450)
- Zanussi ZRB35212WA white fridge freezer – £369 (ZRB35212XA silver and stainless steel version – £367)
- Zanussi ZRB38213WA white fridge freezer – £350
- Zanussi ZRT23102WA white fridge freezer – £270
Integrated fridge freezers
- Bosch KIS87AF30G built-in fridge freezer – £690
- Bosch KIV38X22GB built-in fridge freezer – £560
Typical online prices correct on 21 February 2014.