A newer addition to the Black Friday weekend, Cyber Monday often turns up some appealing broadband deals and this year is no exception, with providers offering discounts and incentives to get you to switch.
We’ve gathered together the highlights from a range of providers, and we will be updating this page as more appear in the lead-up to Black Friday.
Before you switch, check our survey of the best and worst broadband providers for 2019 to see who came out top in our regular survey. You can also use Which? Switch Broadband to see how much you could save for broadband in your area.
Best broadband deals: Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019
The oldest and largest broadband provider, BT is not known for being a cheap broadband provider but this Black Friday, it has gone all-out with some strong offers.
Our Which? Switch Broadband exclusive gives you BT’s Superfast Fibre package at a cost of £28.99 with a £120 gift card – a pound a month cheaper and £20 less on the gift card than if you go direct to BT.
BT customers get Virus Protect on up to 15 devices (depending on the package selected) as well as access to BT Wi-fi, a network of over five million hotspots.
BT’s broadband deals may be on offer, but it doesn’t perform well as a provider in our regular customer satisfaction survey. Read our review of BT broadband for more.
- Superfast Fibre Essential – £24.99 per month (Avg. speed 36Mb, 24-month contract)
- Superfast Fibre – £28.99 per month (Avg. speed 50Mb, 24-month contract, £120 BT Reward Card – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
- Superfast Fibre 2 – £34.99 per month (Avg. speed 67Mb, 24-month contract,£125 BT Reward Card)
- Ultrafast Fibre 100 – £39.99 per month (Avg. speed 145Mb, 24-month contract,£125 BT Reward Card)
- Superfast Fibre 2 – £49.99 per month (Avg. speed 300Mb, 24-month contract,£125 BT Reward Card)
Fibre-only provider Vodafone has not been offering broadband for long but have already established a name for themselves in a crowded market.
For the Black Friday weekend, both fibre packages come with a free Google Nest Hub Max (worth £219).
Vodafone customers also get six-month free internet security software provided by F-Secure and its ‘Ultimate Broadband Guarantee’, which promises 15% off if the speed to your router falls below the minimum.
- Superfast 1 – £24 per month (Avg. speed 35Mb,18-month contract, Free Google Nest Hub Max)
- Superfast 2 – £28 per month (Avg. speed 63Mb,18-month contract, Free Google Nest Hub Max)
SSE is better known as an energy provider but has been long offering inexpensive broadband deals.
If you go through Which? Switch Broadband, you can get the added bonus of a £55 voucher for taking out any deal to spend on your Christmas shopping.
SSE Broadband customers get no mid-contract price increases, no upfront costs and a 60-day “Happiness Guarantee” where you can leave penalty-free if you are not satisfied with the service.
- Unlimited Fibre Broadband – £22 per month (Avg. speed 35Mb,18-month contract, £55 Voucher – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
- Unlimited Fibre Plus Broadband – £26 per month (Avg. speed 66Mb, 12-month contract, £55 Voucher – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
If you take out a standard broadband package with John Lewis, you can get a £40 John Lewis e-gift card to spend. However, if you go for fibre broadband, you can get a free Google Nest Hub (previously called Google Home Hub).
John Lewis customers also have access to free evening and weekend calls, 24/7 UK Customer support and no setup costs.
However, there is a £2 price increase due to come on the 3rd of December for all John Lewis Broadband customers. So any savings on the lower monthly price (John Lewis claim that you save £2 a month on the fibre packages) made will be lost when that price increase comes in.
- Unlimited Broadband – £20 per month (Avg. speed 10Mb, 12-month contract, £40 John Lewis e-gift card)
- Fibre Broadband – £24 per month (Avg. speed 36Mb,12-month contract, Free Google Nest Hub)
- Fibre Extra Broadband – £29 per month (Avg. speed 66Mb, 12-month contract, Free Google Nest Hub)
TalkTalk is well known for being among the cheapest internet service providers and this Black Friday, it has cut the price of both fibre broadband packages to £21.95 and if you go through Which? Switch Broadband. You also get a voucher of up to £70 to spend at places such as Amazon and Argos, depending on the package you select.
TalkTalk customers get free online and call privacy and security features (including protection from unwanted calls and online parental controls) and a fixed price for the length of the contract.
TalkTalk’s broadband deals may be cheap, but it doesn’t perform well as a provider in our regular customer satisfaction survey. Read our review of TalkTalk broadband for more.
- Faster Fibre Broadband – £21.95 per month (Avg. speed 38Mb,18-month contract, £50 voucher – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
- Superfast Fibre Broadband – £21.95per month (Avg. speed 67Mb, 18-month contract, £70 voucher – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
Plusnet has cut the price on all three of its packages, removed the setup costs and included £75 cashback.
This compelling offer comes with a fixed price promise, Plusnet’s Safeguard parental controls and UK-based support.
- Unlimited Broadband – £18.99 per month (Avg. speed 10Mb, 18-month contract, £75 cashback)
- Unlimited Fibre Broadband – £22.99 per month (Avg. speed 36Mb,18-month contract, £75 cashback)
- Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband – £26.99 per month (Avg. speed 66Mb, 18-month contract, £75 cashback)
Although not known for cheap deals, Virgin Media has entered the Black Friday market with a strong offer.
If you go via Which? Switch Broadband, Virgin is offering the M50 Fibre package at a cost of £23 a month for 12 months – a marked reduction from what you get directly.
There are also no setup costs, which further reduces the price by £35. This means you save a total of £95 over the year compared with going direct.
Virgin Media has also discounted its other packages, shaving £8 off the monthly price. These packages, however, still come with a £35 setup cost.
All Virgin deals also come with Talk Weekends, which gives you unlimited landline calls all day Saturday and Sunday
- M50 Fibre Broadband – £23 per month (avg. speed 54Mb, 12-month contract, no setup costs – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
- M100 Fibre Broadband – £25 per month (avg. speed 108Mb, 12-month contract)
- M200 Fibre Broadband – £30 per month (avg. speed 213Mb, 12-month contract)
- M350 Fibre Broadband – £35 per month (avg. speed 362Mb, 12-month contract)
Post Office Broadband may not be a household name but it does offer big deals for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend.
This year, Post Office is offering its Unlimited Fibre deal for £22.90 a month. For that price, you get an average speed of 38Mb and six months of weekend calls included, although you have to opt in.
Post Office Broadband customers also get a UK support team and free landline calls to Post Office HomePhone customers.
- Unlimited Fibre Broadband – £22.90 per month (avg. speed 38Mb, 12-month contract – Which? Switch Broadband Exclusive)
How to get the best deal on broadband
If you’re not keen on switching, these deals can still be useful to help you save. Quoting how much you could be paying elsewhere is a persuasive way to renegotiate your current contract, which you should look to do if you’re outside the initial introductory deal period. Read our guide on how to haggle for the best broadband deal for more.
You can also use our speed checker tool to find out what speed you’re actually getting and whether you’re overpaying for your broadband. Plus our in-depth broadband provider reviews show what customers think of broadband providers such as BT, TalkTalk, Sky and Virgin.