Best stairlift brands
Handicare stairlifts review
By Joanna Pearl
Article 3 of 6
Learn how Handicare stairlifts, which include those branded as Companion and Minivator, and stairlifts sold by companies including Age UK and Companion, compare with those from Stannah and Acorn.
We asked people who had bought a Handicare stairlift to tell us what they thought of it, so that you can decide whether it's the right stairlift brand for you or your loved one.
The table below reveals how Handicare stairlifts scored for quality, value for money, reliability and more – as well as the average price of a Handicare stairlift.
Customers also rated the best place to buy a Handicare brand stairlift.
Get the inside track on Handicare stairlifts
- how much Handicare stairlifts typically cost, including the average and the range of prices its customers paid
- ongoing costs and maintenance for Handicare stairlifts, such as servicing prices, repair costs and servicing contracts
- stairlift warranty information and aftercare packages
- whether it's worth haggling over the quoted price of a Handicare stairlift
- whether you're likely to get pressure-selling from companies selling Handicare
Which? stairlift satisfaction survey
We surveyed 888 Which? members and members of the public who have bought, rented or been given a stairlift, either for themselves or for a relative, to find out which manufacturers you can trust.
As well as asking about what the stairlifts are like, from ease of use to reliability, we also wanted to know what the retailer was like to deal with. So we asked our respondents about the buying process, too.
We also asked which brand was more likely to be flexible on price and whether any engaged in pressure-selling tactics.
And if you're considering getting a stairlift provided by the council, you can see what our respondents thought of that process, too.