Stannah stairlifts review
Stannah stairlifts are probably the most well known on the market, and if you want to buy a stairlift, it's a brand you're bound to encounter.
To find out whether its products are worth investing in, we asked Stannah stairlift owners to rate the firm on key aspects of its stairlifts, such as reliability, comfort and value for money, and compared their responses with those given by owners of other brands of stairlifts, such as Acorn and Handicare.
We also asked stairlift owners, including Stannah owners, about their experiences of buying the stairlift so we can tell you which stairlift retailers are best.
You can find out how it was rated using the scores in the table below, which includes ratings for reliability, quality, comfort and more – plus the average price of new and second-hand Stannah stairlifts.
Get the inside track on Stannah stairlifts
- how much Stannah stairlifts typically cost, including the average and range of prices its customers paid
- ongoing costs and maintenance for Stannah stairlifts, such as servicing prices, repair costs and servicing contracts
- stairlift warranty information and aftercare packages
- whether it's worth haggling over the quoted price of a Stannah stairlift
- comments from Stannah stairlift owners about how they found the buying process.
How we carried out our Stannah stairlift research
We surveyed 888 stairlift owners in total, of which 34% were Stannah customers. Each member of the public that we surveyed had bought, hired or acquired a stairlift, either for themselves or for a relative.
As well as asking each customer about what the stairlift itself is like to live with, from ease of use to reliability, we also wanted to know what the manufacturer was like to deal with.
So we asked our respondents to rate the place they bought their stairlift, including the sales process, customer service and after-care.