When you click on a retailer link on our site, we may earn affiliate commission to help fund our not-for-profit mission. Find out more.
With Christmas right around the corner, you might be looking for some inspiration on what brilliant gift ideas to get your friends and family. To help you dodge the gadgets that are snow good, have a read through our Christmas gift guide for 2021.
All of the Christmas gift ideas we’ve rounded up below have been tried and tested by our experts. Although all of the products we’ve selected have performed well in our tests, do read our full product reviews to find out which picks have earned our coveted Best Buy title.
Keep scrolling for budget-priced wireless headphones, toasty coffee cups for winter walks, nippy remote control cars, compact coffee machines and more.
- Christmas gift ideas £20 and under
- Christmas gift ideas under £30
- Christmas gift ideas under £50
- Christmas gift ideas under £100
- Christmas gift ideas under £200
Tech tips you can trust – get our free Tech newsletter for advice, news, deals and stuff the manuals don’t tell you
Christmas gift ideas £20 and under – travel cups, meat thermometer and champagne
Chilly’s Vacuum Insulated Travel Cup, 340ml (£20)
We like: Great heat retention
For those chilly Boxing Day walks, an insulated travel cup can be the perfect companion. This reusable coffee cup is slightly pricier than some other cups we’ve tested, but at less than £20 it’s still an affordable Christmas gift.
This cup is available in two sizes: 340ml (£20) and 500ml (£22).
More reusable coffee cups costing £20 or less:
- Circular&Co leakproof travel cup, 340ml (formerly rCup, £11.95) – The world’s first reusable coffee cup made from used paper cups. Buy it now at Circular&Co.
- Corkcicle Stainless Steel Turquoise Travel Cup, 340ml (£20) – A travel cup with triple insulation and a non-slip base. Buy it now at Argos.
For our thoughts on all of the cups above, see our full guide to the best reusable coffee cups and travel mugs.
Lakeland Oven Probe Thermometer (£14.99)
We like: Has a magnetic back, so you can attach it to your oven
An essential for keen cooks, a good meat thermometer means that Christmas dinner will be spot-on this year. This one from Lakeland not only reads the temperature, but also has a countdown timer to help the chef of your household stay on track.
It doesn’t come with the AAA battery it needs, though, so make sure you add one in.
Waitrose Blanc De Noirs Brut NV Champagne (£17.99)
We like: Affordable, zesty taste
If you fancy gifting a tasty tipple this Christmas, you’ll be pleased to hear that our expert judging panel has sipped some of the best. This fresh and fruity fizz is a Waitrose exclusive and costs less than £20, but does it deserve a spot at the dinner table on Christmas Day?
More champagnes around £20:
- Co-op Les Pionniers Non-Vintage Champagne (£19) – Buy it now at Co-op.
- M&S Champagne Delacourt Brut NV (£20) – Buy it now at Ocado.
- Tesco Finest Premier Cru Champagne (£21) – Buy it now at Tesco.
Looking to spend less? See our pick of the best prosecco and sparkling wines.
Other gift ideas under £20:
- Gold Leaf Dry Touch Gardening Gloves – Flexible, soft leather and water resistant. See our round-up of the best gardening gloves, or buy now from Longacres.
- Our pick of the best red wines.
- For keen gardeners – Our experts recommend the best plants to attract bees.
Christmas gift ideas under £30 – headphones, fitness trackers and portable speakers
Skullcandy Sesh headphones (£26.99)
We like: Good sound quality, water and dust resistant, robust build
The music lover in your life might appreciate a pair of wireless in-ear headphones. These headphones from Skullcandy will catch your eye if you’re on a budget. They partner with both iOS and Android devices and each bud has a button for playing and pausing music, skipping tracks and answering incoming calls.
You can control Skullcandy’s Sesh headphones with your voice, thanks to support for Google Assistant on Android and Siri on Apple gadgets. In other words, you can dance around the living room and enjoy your Christmas playlist without having to reach for your mobile phone or tablet.
More headphones for less than £30:
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (£14) – Earbud-style headphones with in-line controls. Read our Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic review, or buy them now at Amazon.
- JBL T450BT (£24.99) – Wireless on-ear headphones with a built-in microphone. Read our JBL T450BT review, or buy them now at Robert Dyas.
- Sony MDR-XB50AP (£29.99) – In-ear headphones that weigh just 19g. Read our Sony MDR-XB50AP review, or buy them now at Argos.
Check our full selection of expert headphones reviews if you’re looking for even more Christmas gift ideas.
Honor Band 4 fitness tracker (£24.99)
We like: Good features for the price, suitable for swimmers
For less than £30, you get a step tracker, heart rate monitor and sleep tracking. It’s also not only water resistant to 50 metres, but can give detailed swimming metrics, including distance, pace and calories (it can’t monitor your heart rate in swim mode, though).
It’s compatible with Android and iOS, although you can’t choose to select certain notifications with iOS.
Other fitness trackers under £30:
- Amazfit Band 5 (£25) – Lightweight and slim, waterproof for swimming. Read our Amazfit Band 5 review, or buy it now from Argos.
- Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 (£26) – Six different strap colours, includes sleep tracking. Read our Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 review, or buy it now from Box.
- Oppo Band (£28) – Heat monitor and step tracking. Read our Oppo Band review, or buy it now from Amazon.
JBL Go 3 Portable Speaker (£29)
We like: Tiny and slim
This teeny Bluetooth speaker is an ideal gift for anyone who loves music. And, let’s face it, who doesn’t? It’s waterproof, dustproof and even comes with a handy lanyard so it can be attached to a bag.
Other bluetooth speakers under £30:
- JBL Clip 3 portable speaker (£29.99) – Diddy speaker that’s only 4.7 x 9.9 x 13.9cm (HxWxD). Read our JBL Clip 3 review, or buy it now at MyMemory.
Christmas gift ideas under £50 – toastie makers, blenders, kids cameras and electric shavers
George Foreman 25810 (£36.84)
We like: Quick to heat up, easy to clean, simple to use
Christmas is the time for guilt-free snacking, so you might be tempted by this cheap George Foreman grill, which is suitable for making tasty toasties.
This model has an ‘easy to clean’ cooking surface and a clip-on drip tray.
More toastie makers and sandwich toasters under £100:
- Breville VST025 (£24.99) – Features a large cooking plate that makes it compatible with a variety of bread sizes. Buy it now at Argos.
- Sage the Perfect Press SSG600BSS Sandwich Toaster (£89.90) – Has a single cooking plate that adjusts to the thickness of your sandwich. Buy it now at Amazon.
We’ve been hands-on with a range of toastie makers. Discover which models make a delicious cheese toastie with our guide to the best toastie makers and sandwich toasters.
Nutribullet 600 blender (£39.99)
We like: Makes great smoothies, simple controls, easy to clean by hand
This Nutribullet blender has a single 0.7-litre cup and two smaller 0.3-litre cups. It’s powered by a 600W motor and keeps things nice and simple – there are no preset programs, timers or built-in displays on this model.
To get started, all you need to do is chuck your ingredients into the jug, press down on the cup and twist it to lock it in place. The Nutribullet 600 blender has a blade that’s designed to slice up fruit and veg, plus another for milling seeds and nuts.
More blenders under £50:
- Breville VBL240 (£30) – A personal blender with two 600ml and two 300ml serving cups. Read our Breville VBL240 review, or buy it now at Amazon.
- Tefal Blendforce Blender BL420840 (£32.99) – Has two speed settings and a pulse function. Read our Tefal Blendforce Blender BL420840 review, or buy it now at Very.
- Kenwood Smoothie 2Go SB056 Smoothie Maker (£40) – A 300W blender that comes with two 500ml blending cups. Read our Kenwood Smoothie 2Go SB056 Smoothie Maker review, or buy it now at Amazon.
Whatever your budget, see which blenders have aced our lab tests with our selection of blender reviews.
VTech Kidizoom Duo Camera 5.0 (£40)
We like: Built-in flash, easy to use, sizeable internal memory
If you want to give your little one a child-friendly camera that has all of the functions of a standard (and pricier) camera, have a closer look at this one from VTech.
This camera is encased in textured rubber for improved grip and durability and also has a front-facing lens for a selfie in front of the Christmas tree.
More kids cameras under £50:
- Kitvision Kids Action Camera (£27.26) – Features a waterproof shell and an SD card slot. Buy it now at Amazon.
Before you part with your money, see how the cameras above score with our guide to the best kids’ cameras 2021.
Panasonic ES-RF31 (£47.50)
We like: LED display, quick to charge, can clean it under a running tap
Anybody who wants to stop their beard from getting as long as Santa’s will need an electric shaver. This Panasonic model can be used wet or dry and features a handy battery-level indicator.
More electric shavers under £50:
- Braun Series 3 3040s (£49) – A cordless foil shaver. Read our Braun Series 3 3040s review, or buy it now at AO.com.
- Braun Series 3 Shave&Style 3010BT (£44.99) – Comes bundled with a precision trimmer to maintain sharp lines. Read our Braun Series 3 Shave&Style 3010BT review, or buy it now at Amazon.
If you’re wrapping up an electric shaver and sticking it under the tree, make sure it’s a Which? Best Buy. Consult our electric shaver reviews.
Christmas gift ideas under £100 – remote control cars, smartwatches and coffee machines
BlackZon Slayer MT (£69.99)
We like: Fun to drive, adjustable speed dial, durable
A speedy but robust remote control car can make a great Christmas gift, offering hours of fun over the holiday season.
The BlackZon Slayer MT has a speed dial that makes it suitable for younger children. If you’re worried about bumping into the furniture, you can take the fun outside – this car can be driven on any type of surface, including long grass, gravel and sand.
More remote control cars under £100:
- FTX Tracer 1/16 RTR Truggy (£62.99) – Features an adjustable speed dial. Buy it now at Modelsport.
- RCG Racing Wind Speed 1/14 Buggy RTR Yellow (£59.99) – Suitable for racing on tarmac, gravel and sand. Buy it now at RC Geeks.
- WLTOYS 124019 (£84.56) – The controller has an adjustable speed feature. Buy it now at Banggood.
Don’t waste your money on a toy car that gets boring after a couple of drives. Head to our expert guide on the best remote control cars.
Huawei Watch GT 2e (£64.99)
We like: Good screen, easy to use, can track a wide range of sports
If you’re shopping for a sporty friend or family member during the festive season, consider buying a feature-packed smartwatch.
The Huawei Watch GT 2e has plenty of health and activity-tracking modes – it has a heart-rate monitor, waterproofing to 50 metres and built-in GPS.
More smartwatches under £100:
- Realme Watch 2 Pro (£55) – Budget-priced smartwatch with built-in GPS. Read our Realme Watch 2 Pro review, or buy it now at Realme.
- Huawei Watch Fit (£54.99) – An entry-level wearable for tracking exercise. Read our Huawei Watch Fit review, or buy it now at Currys (orange, £54.99) or AO.com (pink, £69).
- Amazfit GTS 2 mini (£79.99) – A compact, square-shaped smartwatch. Read our Amazfit GTS 2 mini review, or buy it now at Argos.
We test wearables in our lab to see which models accurately measure steps and calories burned. Discover our top-scoring smartwatches by reading our smartwatch reviews.
DeLonghi Genio S Touch EDG426.GY (£79.99)
We like: Compact machine, simple to use, quick
A lover of hot drinks will appreciate this DeLonghi coffee machine, which can also be used to make hot chocolate. The Genio S Touch allows you to pick between several drink sizes and has a dedicated temperature button.
This coffee machine uses Dolce Gusto-branded coffee pods, or compatible alternatives, to serve up a variety of coffee and non-coffee drinks. Hot chocolate aside, that range also includes espresso, Americano, cappuccino, mocha and latte.
More coffee machines under £100:
- Bosch Tassimo Style TAS1104GB (£53.99) – A compact capsule machine that uses Tassimo T-discs. Read our Bosch Tassimo Style TAS1104GB review, or buy it now at Amazon.
- Lavazza Jolie (£49) – All of the removable parts are dishwasher safe. Read our Lavazza Jolie review, or buy it now at John Lewis.
- Krups Dolce Gusto Genio S Plus (£74.99) – Simple controls include an on/off button and a touchscreen panel. Read our Krups Dolce Gusto Genio S Plus review, or buy it now at Currys.
Find out which machines score top marks for taste, ease of use and energy efficiency with our expert coffee machine reviews.
Christmas gift ideas under £200 – mobile phones, pizza ovens and radios
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G (£196.99)
We liked: 5G connectivity, fast, impressive battery life
Security updates: 3 to 4 years of security updates remaining
You don’t have to spend a huge amount this Christmas to find a capable smartphone with a big screen. The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G has a 6.6-inch display and three rear cameras – the star of the show is a 48Mp lens that has built-in image stabilisation.
This Android-powered mobile has 64GB of internal storage, but if you need more space for pictures and videos, you can slot in a micro-SD card.
More mobile phones under £200:
- TCL 20 SE (£149.99) – Features a 6.8-inch screen and a 5,000mAh battery. Read our TCL 20 SE review, or buy it now at Argos.
- Samsung Galaxy A12 (£169.99) – Has 64GB of expandable internal storage. Read our Samsung Galaxy A12 review, or buy it now at Argos.
- Nokia 5.4 (£128) – A budget Nokia powered by a Snapdragon 662 processor and 4GB of Ram. Read our Nokia 5.4 review, or buy it now at Amazon.
If you’re working on a tight budget this Christmas, our guide to the best cheap mobile phones can lend a helping hand.
Burnhard Nero pizza oven (£199)
We like: Useful features, easy to clean
This pizza oven can burn wood pellets, wood logs, charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal. It has a detachable door with a peephole, so you can keep a close eye on your food. Meanwhile, a built-in thermometer will help you keep tabs on the internal temperature.
More pizza ovens under £200:
- La Hacienda BBQ Pizza Oven (£99.99) – Attaches to the top of a BBQ and uses the heat from underneath. Buy it now at Amazon.
- Lidl Barbecue Pizza Oven (£39.99) – Sits on top of a charcoal or gas barbecue. Buy it in-store at Lidl.
We’ve tested wood-fired and gas pizza ovens from big-name brands including Aldi, Gozney and Ooni. See our full guide to the best pizza ovens.
Roberts Revival Uno (£127)
We like: Retro looks, simple menus, feature-packed
A retro-styled radio could fit nicely in an audiophile’s kitchen. This attention-grabbing Roberts model is a portable DAB+/FM radio that also works as an alarm clock, with dual independent alarms.
The Roberts Revival Uno also has a 3.5mm aux-input socket, which means you can connect a smartphone and play your own festive tunes through the speaker.
More radios under £200:
- Panasonic RF-D30BTEB-K (£84.99) – A portable table-top radio that runs off the mains or batteries. Read our Panasonic RF-D30BTEB-K review, or buy it now at Amazon.
- VQ Monty (£89.99) – A DAB/FM radio with Bluetooth support. Read our VQ Monty review, or buy it now at Studio.
- John Lewis Aria II (£99) – Features dual alarms, sleep and snooze functions. Read our John Lewis Aria II review, or buy it now at John Lewis.
Buy a radio that does your favourite music justice and explore our full selection of radio reviews.
Christmas gift shopping tips
At this time of year, retailers are hard at work promoting ‘Christmas deals’. You might be tempted to click that ‘buy’ button right away, but it’s important that you research both the product and the seller – and consider whether the prices are as cheap as they’re going to get.
- Check if you’re buying directly from the manufacturer – some online retailers, including Amazon, allow third-party sellers to list products. When buying from a third-party seller that promises to fulfil the order itself, delivery, customer service and returns are handled by the seller, not Amazon. To research third-party sellers on Amazon, click the brand name to see an overview of customer ratings.
- Watch out for fake reviews – Our own research into fake reviews has found that online customer reviews can’t always be trusted, so exercise caution. Read four-star reviews and below for a more even-handed assessment, and remember that a healthy degree of scepticism is your best weapon against fake reviews.
- Know how to spot a good deal – You can use price-tracking websites to see if a product has ever been on sale for less than its current price. CamelCamelCamel tracks Amazon prics, and PriceHistory.co.uk focuses on Argos. You could also give PriceSpy a go – it covers a whole range of online retailers.
On a mission to uncover the most reliable retailers, we’ve spoken to thousands of shoppers. See the full results in our guide to the best and worst shops.