Best Buy portable power bank chargers
Which? Best Buy portable power bank battery chargers are fast, easy to carry and pack plenty of power. Read on and find out what separates the best from the worst power banks.
If you’re just going by what’s on the box, it’s easy to get lumbered with a power bank that’s slow to charge and fails to deliver on its promised capacity. Our independent tests can give you tried and tested insights into which power banks will keep your devices ticking when you need them most.
Our tests go further to ensure that every Best Buy is truly among the best of its kind. We uncover plenty of duds too, which we highlight as Don’t Buy models, so you don’t end up with a misleading, or even dangerous power bank.
- We put power banks to the test at charging smartphones and tablets like yours to challenge bold claims from manufacturers
- We reveal the models without the proper safety requirements, which could put you at risk
- We spend days discharging and fully recharging each batch of power banks – just to get them ready for our tests
We conduct more than 150 checks, tests and measurements on every power bank we test, so you can be confident your Best Buy will charge your devices quickly and efficiently every time.
- Does it live up to its claimed capacity? Some power bank manufacturers are prone to exaggerating how much charge you’ll get out of a power bank. We scrutinise every model to sort the facts from the marketing spiel.
- How long does it take to charge the power bank? Some models take twice as long as others with the same capacity. We go further to find out which models just aren’t fast enough to be ready when you need them.
- How fast is it at charging your devices? We put power banks head to head to see which can charge your phone fastest or keep your tablet alive while you’re streaming movies.
- What are the sockets like? We check the technical specs and distancing on every input and output port to confirm that they’re safe and easy to use.
Power bank reviews you can trust
We put models from the biggest power bank brands on the market to the test in the rigorous Which? labs. We cover everyone from established names like Duracell and Energizer to more recent arrivals like Anker and Juice. And we’ve seen time and time again that even trusted brands can overpromise and underdeliver.
Which? is independent – we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We're not influenced by third parties and we don't accept freebies from product manufacturers or retailers. We buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
Not yet a Which? member? Join Which? and you'll receive access to all of our exclusive online content. If you’re a Which? member, you can log in now to unlock the Best Buy portable power bank chargers reviews on this page.