Letter to dispute a phone or broadband bill

If you’re unhappy with a phone or broadband bill and wish to dispute it, use our letter to contact your provider and make a complaint.
Download Letter

[Your address]

[Company address]


Dear Sir or Madam

Ref: [contract number]

I am complaining because I have been charged an incorrect amount for my [mobile phone/ broadband] bill.

When I first learned of this problem, I contacted [name of person, date of the call] at your company.

But I am unhappy with the resolution offered because [add your reasons here].

I enclose a copy of my bill highlighting the charges I dispute.

Please can you send me a revised bill and explain why I have been charged extra in this way?

If we haven’t agreed a resolution before the eight weeks have lapsed on [date], I will take my complaint to a telecommunications ombudsman.


[Your signature]

[Type or print your name]

Download Letter

Find the right letter


Join our campaign
& help us reach 150,000 signatures

We wanted advertising watchdogs to pull the plug on confusing broadband ads that promise speeds most of their customers will never get. We think that when you’re not getting the service you’re paying for, you should be compensated. With the support of over 120,000 campaign supporters, we convinced the regulator to introduce automatic compensation for poor broadband service and the advertising watchdog to crackdown on misleading speed ads.

Find out more about Broadband speed on Which? Campaigns

Thank you for signing our campaign

Help us spread the word by sharing our campaign

Please tell us what you think of the Which? Consumer Rights website.

Your feedback is vital in helping us improve this site. All data will be treated confidentially. This survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Please take our survey so we can improve our website for you and others like you.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK