Best Buy pushchairs
We test pushchairs, prams and strollers more thoroughly than anyone else. Our independent reviews give you peace of mind that your buggy is as safe and comfy as it can be – and you don't have to blow the budget to get a Best Buy.
Below you can see three of the best pushchairs we've found or join Which? now to unlock all the rest of our pushchair recommendations.
Already a member? Log in now to reveal all of the pushchairs that excelled in our independent, expert tests.
Why our pushchair tests matter
You’ll be using your buggy on a daily basis, so to give you the very best experience, we subject every model we review to a series of safety and durability tests. These are designed to replicate everything your pushchair will have to put up with in real life.
- We subject each pushchair to thorough safety checks to see if each one is as safe as it can be. If we uncover anything to worry about, we’ll make the pushchair a Don’t Buy, or contact the manufacturer to look into the problem.
- In the hunt for our top Best Buys we’ve seen brakes that fail, wheels that come away, handlebars that aren’t strong enough to be bumped up and down on a daily basis, chassis that collapse and bumper bars that could trap your little one's fingers.
- Our parent-testers and their children get hands-on with all our pushchairs, so we can combine real-life opinion with our expert lab testing. Our parents fold, unfold, fasten, unfasten, lift, turn, and everything else you’d do with your pushchair, to find out which things could become a chore on a daily basis.
How we uncover the best pushchairs, prams, buggies, strollers and travel systems
We don’t listen to marketing claims or promotional spiel; instead we examine the results of our extensive testing to decide if a pushchair is good enough to become a Best Buy. Our testing includes:
- Safety and durability We run each pushchair through a series of exhaustive tests according to current safety standards. These include checking for choking hazards and finger traps. We also strap each pushchair, fully loaded, to a bumpy treadmill, then wheel it over more than 206km – roughly the distance from London to Birmingham – to check durability.
- Your baby's comfort If you buy a pushchair marketed as suitable from birth to 15kg, or even 22kg, you’d expect your child to fit into it until he or she reaches that weight. Our pushchair experts scrutinise these claims, check that the seats recline far enough to create a safe place for your newborn to sleep, and measure the seats to see if they’re big enough and supportive enough to last your child from birth all the way up to when you won’t need to use a pushchair.
- Folding and unfolding So many pushchairs are claimed to have a one-handed fold – the holy grail of pushchair folding. But our tests uncover those that forget to mention that first you need to remove the seat, fold the hood down, or do something else that actually needs two hands. Nice try.
- Fitting into your life Our parent-testers and pushchair experts get hands-on with each pushchair, stroller and double buggy. They navigate around our specially designed test course, which replicates things you'll tackle on your daily route – such as gravelly car parks, uneven grass, kerbs and tight corners. This helps them to uncover those problems you need to know about before you buy, such as how easy it is to swap from pavements to grass, or how comfortable the handlebars are.
Pushchair, pram and stroller reviews you can trust
Our first pushchair reviews were published in July 1968. Since then we’ve compared the performance and scrutinised the features of hundreds of models.
We test buggies from the most popular brands, including Bugaboo, iCandy, Maclaren, Quinny and Silver Cross, as well as some own-brand models from retailers such as Mamas and Papas and Mothercare. We've discovered that even the most trustworthy names occasionally drop the ball.
We don't just reveal the best – we also highlight the low-scoring Don't Buy pushchairs that fail to make the grade, so you don't end up with a dud that you'll soon be keen to replace.
Which? is independent – we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising, and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
Discover the benefits of a Which? membership and you'll receive access to all our online content, and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal-finance experts for one-to-one help.