Travel insurance Which? Recommended Providers
To be a Which? Recommended Provider a travel insurer must have a high quality product with above average customer service. We combine our latest customer satisfaction results along with our assessment of each provider's policy to select the best travel insurance providers on the market.
Which? Recommended Providers must:
- be highly rated by members of the public
- have an average or above policy score and a good customer score (70% or more)
- meet our minimum standards for inclusion and be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- be directly available to the general public
|Travel insurance - Which? Recommended Providers|
|Provider||Which? Recommended Provider||Customer satisfaction score||Single trip policy score||Annual multi trip policy score||Total score|
|AXA||No||64%||85% [a]||81% [a]||74%|
|Marks & Spencer Bank||No||72%||73% [b]||71% [b]||72%|
|Royal Bank of Scotland||No||59%||84%||84%||72%|
|Barclays||No||66%||72% [c]||71% [c]||69%|
|Tesco Bank||No||69%||68% [d]||68% [d]||69%|
|Columbus Direct||No||61%||62% [e]||63% [e]||62%|
|Direct Travel||No||51%||70% [f]||68% [f]||60%|
- Score relates to the Premier policy. Also told us about their Extra policy - policy score 57% (single) 63% (annual)
- Score relates to the Mid Level policy. Also told us about their Top Level policy - policy score 75% (single) 74% (annual)
- Score relates to the Travel policy. Also told us about their Travel Essential and Travel Plus policy - policy score40% and 85% (single) 44% and 87% (annual)
- Score relates to the Standard policy. Also told us about their Finest policy - policy score 90% (single) 89% (annual)
- Score relates to the Silver policy. Also told us about their Gold policy - policy score 73% (single) 73% (annual)
- Score relates to the Standard policy. Also told us about their Premier and Premier Plus policy - policy score 72% and 88% (single) 72% and 88% (annual)
Customer scores are based on a survey of an online panel of respondents from the general public, who were invited to take part in the travel insurance customer satisfaction survey - during October 2013. The final sample size was 1,559.
Overall customer scores are worked out using a combination of overall satisfaction and how likely the respondents are to recommend their bank to a friend. Companies need at least 30 responses to be given a rating.