Dealing with financial complaints can be a tricky business. Our guides can guide you through the complaints process and help you get the best results.
- Can I take my financial complaint to the financial ombudsman?
- How do I complain about a bad financial service?
- I think I’ve been mis-sold a financial product, what can I do?
- The Financial Services Regulations 2004
When you shop using a credit or debit card you have extra protection - Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act for credit cards and chargeback for debit cards. Read our guides to find out more about when and how to make use of these rights.
- My card has been lost or stolen and used to purchase goods
- How to complain if your card is stolen and you're refused a refund
- Letter to report a problem with something bought on credit card
All claims for mis-sold PPI compensation must now be started by August 2019. Find out how to reclaim mis-sold PPI, using our free guide and tools and keep 100% of your compensation.
If you want to make a complaint about your pension scheme or provider, it can be difficult to know where to start. Read our guides to find out when to approach the Pensions Advisory Service or refer your complaint to the Pensions Ombudsman.
Banks and building societies must follow strict rules when selling packaged accounts, such as checking customer eligibility. If you think you’ve been mis-sold a packaged account, read our guides to find out the rules in more detail.
If you’re having trouble repaying a payday loan or are unhappy with the way you’re being treated by your lender, knowing who to speak to is essential. Our guides can help you complain and contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Most of us aren’t 100% clear about the differences between standing orders and direct debits. Read our guides to find out the differences as well as how to cancel and what to do if money is taken from your account after you’ve cancelled.
- How do I get money back that I’ve sent to the wrong bank account?
- I've been charged because my bank made a mistake on a direct debit
- I've been defrauded from a standing order or direct debit
If you’ve been the victim of credit or debit card fraud, acting quickly is essential. Read our guides to find out what you should do in the event of card fraud and how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service if you need to.