Sometimes staff wrongly think their returns policies rule, but your statutory rights cannot be overruled. Retailers and manufacturers have a legal obligation to protect consumers.
Disputes over unfair terms often concern money. If you don't read the small print, you could be in for a nasty surprise. But you do have protection from unfair terms. Our guides can help you challenge unfair contract terms.
- Can I claim back a non-refundable deposit?
- How to cancel a contract without being penalised
- How to complain about unfair contract terms
In some cases, complaining to a company doesn’t resolve the issue. If you’re unhappy or feel you’re getting nowhere, you can contact an ombudsman. Read our guides to find out about the different ombudsman schemes.
- When to take a complaint to the ombudsman
- How to complain to an ombudsman
- What is Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)?
If you have a serious complaint about a company and are having difficulties getting it resolved, the small claims court may help. Our guides explain how the small claims court works and when it’s worth using it.
Dealing with financial complaints can be a tricky business. Our guides can guide you through the complaints process and help you get the best results.
- Can I take my financial complaint to the financial ombudsman?
- How do I complain about a bad financial service?
- I think I’ve been mis-sold a financial product, what can I do?
- The Financial Services Regulations 2004