Best broadband providers
By Jon Barrow
We ask thousands of broadband customers about their experiences so that we can tell you the providers you should use and which you should avoid.
Want to switch your broadband provider? Read on and discover what the broadband providers' customers really think of them.
The best broadband companies offer a great service at a great price. They provide a fast connection you can rely on, and are on hand to help in the rare instance that something goes wrong.
But our broadband survey reveals that many broadband providers still don't deliver on those fronts.
Best broadband providers overview
Two providers in our latest survey impressed their customers enough to make it as Which? Recommended Providers. The names may surprise you, but both offer decent speeds and excellent customer service. They're also good value, so signing up for one of their packages won't break the bank.
You can use our research to discover:
- The full results of our latest survey, with ratings for all the major providers including BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media.
- Which two internet service providers (ISPs) we rated as Which? Recommended Providers.
- A full breakdown of how each provider is rated for customer service, value for money, connection speed, technical support and more.
- Individual overviews of each provider, revealing everything from the deals they offer to the levels of complaints about them.
- Lab reviews of the equipment they supply.
- Quotes from real customers on their experiences.
To get all this information, try a £1 Which? trial.
We’ll tell you exactly what you need to know about all the UK’s biggest broadband providers and will help you avoid signing up for a deal you'll come to regret.
If you're already a member, then simply log in to unlock the table below and access our research results.
|Broadband satisfaction survey results|
|ISP||WRP||Speed||Reliability||Value||Ease of contacting||Customer service||Technical support||Customer score|
Which? members can log in now to unlock the table above, plus our expert analysis on this page. Not yet a member? Then try a £1 Which? trial to unlock our results and all of our online reviews – including the latest broadband deals.
What makes a Which? Recommended Provider?
Which? Recommended Providers are the cream of the crop and the accolade is only given out to ISPs that achieve a customer score of 70% or above.
That's not all. We know that price is important and so we only give the award to those companies that we feel charge a reasonable price for their services. If they charge too much then they're not eligible to be Which? Recommended Providers, whatever score they receive in the survey.