Child safety at home
We tested a range of baby and child products over the last year, some of which did so poorly in our tests that we made them a 0% Don’t Buy.
Philips has issued a voluntary recall of its Avent digital video baby monitors (SCD620) produced between January 2016 and March 2018. The battery in the parent unit can overheat while plugged into the electrical connection, which poses a potential fire hazard. Find out what to do if yours is affected.
Does the idea of a voice-controlled baby monitor appeal to you? How about one that tracks your baby's sleep? If the answer is yes, it might be time to ditch your traditional baby monitor in favour of a smart monitor. We round up the useful features offered by wi-fi enabled baby monitors, plus tell you how to protect your monitor from hacking.
Online marketplaces are risking your family's safety. We reveal how Amazon and Ebay are failing to protect their customers from unsafe and killer toys and car seats.
We exposed serious safety flaws in Cuggl stair gates earlier this year - and now more have come to light. Is yours affected?
Some baby monitor features are simply nice to have, while others can make a big difference to how well your baby monitor works for you. We asked 1,360 parents* what...
We tested 15 popular teething toys and found safety risks with six of the teething toys, including ones bought from John Lewis and Amazon.
A baby monitor should help you to ensure your baby is safe. But if you don’t position it correctly, it could become a hazard.
An Argos Sleep bag, Ikea bib and In The Night Garden Igglepiggle toy are subject to a recall after being identified as potentially harmful to children. Find out how and where to return these unsafe products for a full refund.
We surveyed 2,155 parents with a child under 12 years who had used a lice treatment and asked them whether their child had caught head lice twice within the space of three weeks. More than a third (35%) said they had and seven in 10 of those parents believe it could be because their child is being reinfected by their classmates.