Best and worst broadband providers for 2019
By Jon Barrow
Want to know the best and worst broadband providers in the UK? We ask thousands of customers about their experiences, so can tell you which providers you should use and which you should avoid.
Bad broadband is more than just a mild inconvenience. We know how important it is to have a strong, stable connection, good customer service when things go wrong, and the reassurance you're getting value for money.
That's why we survey a wide range of providers across the UK to find out exactly what their customers think.
The best broadband companies offer a great service at a great price. They provide a fast connection you can rely on, and are on hand to help in the rare instance that something goes wrong.
But our broadband survey reveals that many broadband providers still don't deliver on those fronts.
Best broadband: all the major suppliers rated
More than 7,000 broadband provider customers took part in our latest survey, and two providers impressed enough to make it as Which? Recommended Providers. The names may surprise you, but both offer decent speeds and excellent customer service. They're also good value, so signing up for one of their packages won't break the bank.
You can use our research to discover:
- The full results of our latest survey, with ratings for all the major providers including BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media.
- Which two internet service providers (ISPs) we rated as Which? Recommended Providers.
- A full breakdown of how each provider is rated for customer service, value for money, connection speed, technical support and more.
- Individual overviews of each provider, revealing everything from the deals they offer to the levels of complaints about them.
- Lab reviews of the equipment they supply.
- Quotes from real customers on their experiences.
We’ll tell you exactly what you need to know about all the UK’s biggest broadband providers and will help you avoid signing up for a deal you'll come to regret.
|Broadband satisfaction survey results|
|ISP||WRP||Speed||Reliability||Value for money||Ease of contacting||Customer service||Technical support||Customer score (%)|
What makes a Which? Recommended Provider?
Which? Recommended Providers are the cream of the crop, and the accolade is only given to ISPs that achieve a customer score of 75% or above.
That's not all. We know that price is important, so we only give the award to those broadband companies that we feel charge a reasonable price for their services. If they charge too much, then they're not eligible to be Which? Recommended Providers, whatever score they receive in our customer survey.