The best brands from a wide range of sectors, including banks, cars, home appliances and utility providers, have today been named on the shortlist for the upcoming 2018 Which? Awards.
Now in its 12th year, the Which? Awards celebrate the companies that consistently get it right for UK consumers. The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 23 May, with shortlisted brands competing for awards such as Which? Retailer of the Year and Which? Technology Brand of the Year.
We’ve also introduced new awards and reinstated old ones to this year’s ceremony. We’ve created an award for Utilities Provider of the Year. This new award recognises providers of broadband, combined TV and broadband, mobile phones and energy.
Our Which? Car Brand of the Year also returns for 2018.
The Which? Awards 2018 shortlist
The full shortlist includes:
- Which? Banking Brand of the Year 2018: Coventry Building Society, First Direct, Nationwide Building Society
- Which? Insurance Provider of the Year 2018: Age UK, John Lewis Financial Services, LV=, NFU Mutual
- Which? Travel Brand of the Year 2018: HF Holidays, Jet2, Premier Inn, Riviera Travel
- Which? Utilities Brand of the Year 2018: giffgaff, Octopus Energy, Utility Warehouse, Zen Internet
- Which? Technology Brand of the Year 2018: Apple, Lenovo, LG, Samsung
- Which? Large Home Appliance Brand of the Year 2018: Bosch, Dyson, LG, Miele, Samsung
- Which? Small Home Appliance Brand of the Year 2018: Bosch, Kenwood, Philips
- Which? Retailer of the Year 2018: Aldi, allbeauty, Richer Sounds, Screwfix, Toolstation
- Which? Car Brand of the Year 2018: Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota, Volvo
- Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2018: Furlonger Tree Services, Grants Electrical, Tincknell Heating
Unlike other awards ceremonies, the Which? Awards are completely independent. A brand can’t put itself forward for a Which? Award and, as with our product testing, our judging is completely impartial.
Our shortlisting criteria include customer service, value for money, improvement, innovation and breadth of offering and results from tests, satisfaction surveys and in-depth investigations all feed into our decision-making. To be in with a chance of winning, a company must have consistently excelled in its field throughout the year.
Check back in May for the full list of Which? Award 2018 winners.